Box build for 4 RF P1's.

Bronze Member
Username: Notw000

Post Number: 12
Hi. im bout to start cutting for a box holding 4 12's and i need to know whether the rockfords will sound better ported or none ported.
the box will be 7.1cuft after potential port displacement. if ported i will make a slot port as follows: http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee322/notw777/jaybox.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7299
Before you waste your MDF, what vehicle do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3632
before you waste your MDF, I don't think 1/4" will be enough as far as integrity of the wood goes. also, I'm not sure the basket would clear the top and bottom, but I'm not sure on that.

Bronze Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Ga. United States

Post Number: 37
the stage 1 series do not sound good really in any box i've heard them in. Though i do think they sound better in a sealed rather than a ported.. and i wouldn't use 1/4in. i would at LEAST run 1/2 on anything i built.. but that's totally opinional

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i will be using 3/4in MDF and the box is for a friend of mine(i dont like rockford anything). he already has a box with mostly the same specs except for the port and minor changes in the length and height. the measurements shown on the drawing are actual air space specs after 3/4in wood displacement.

the real point here is whether the p1's will sound better ported or not. the box is going into the trunk of a mercury marquis.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7300
Again...
WHAT VEHICLE???

What you think at "minor" changes may be far from it. You need to build a properly designed box, not just something that fits in the vehicle. You are wasting your time it you do not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
MERCURY MARQUIS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us