Raido, power but no sound

Username: Brenden_smith

Post Number: 1
Helo everyone,

I have a 1999 Dodge Intrepid and i recently installed a Dual radio into it (CP6415 or XDMA6415) and the radio worked fine for a few days then it "broke" and there was no power whatsoever (after i looked at it i found i blew a fuse). I replaced the fuse and now i have power... but there is no sound... I have checked everything (well what i think is everything), i have checked the fuses i have checked speaker wires, different speakers... everything... now i think there might be something wrong with the amplifier. I cant find the fuse for the amp. (there might not be one i looked under the hood and under the driver's side dash). but when i try connecting a speaker directly to the radio there is no sound either (I dont know if you need to route it through an amp so i dont know if that was just a stupid thing to do).... Ok i think i described my problem up to about now maybe one of the people who happen apon this will be able to help me.

Thank you,
Brenden Smith

P.S. Sorry if this post seems jumpy if you need any clairifications just ask.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9977
Everything dual makes is known to be crap. I wouldn't be suprised if the internal amp is gone. Chalk it up as a learning expierence and get a better HU....

Alpine, clarion, eclipse

certain models of JVC and panasonic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us