Please help!

Username: Vlcm26

Post Number: 1
Hi im new to this and, looking for some help with my car sound system. My Head unit is the Pioneer DEH-P4000ub. And i installed a 4 channel amp with all new speakers and ive dynmatted my trunk. I have a Kenwood KFC-3011 12 sub around 400 rms. The amp I have powering that is the Bazooka ELA 500.1 which i believe is about 350 rms. According to crutchfield the amp should be 3/4 the subs rms. My problem is im not sure when tuning it, are all the settings of the Head Unit supposed to be flat? For instance on the headunit it gives the options for the cut off volume for the sub should it be the same as my lpf on the amp? 80 hertz? As well as the level which ranges from +6 to -24 which im assuming would be the gain? not sure what to do there. Lastly it gives the bass boost option as well 0-6. I have a clue how to tune it from the amp, just not sure the headunit. If possible it the Pioneer comes with the 3 band equalizer for low, mid, hi, i understand what the q factors by boosting or cutting off by certain frequencies but just looking for some opinions.

Low:40HZ-80HZ-100HZ-160HZ
Mid: 200HZ-SOOHZ-1KHZ-2KHZ
High: 3KHZ-8KHZ-10KHZ-12KHZ
Qfactor
2N-1N-1W-2W
2n stands for (steep/narrow around desired frequency)
1n stands for(less steep/narrow around desired frequency)
1w stands for(less steep/wide around frequency)
2w stands for(steep/wide around frequencey)
each frequency has the option to range from +6 to -6
if someone could help me please deeply aprreciated

Post Number: 2
any one?

Bronze Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 97
what are you trying to ask here?

Post Number: 3
are supposed to tune subwoofer amp with the headunit eq at max or completely flat? Meaning no boost and no gain from the head unit thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
are you talking about the bass gain on the amplifier where it says like .2V to 8V? if so your sapposed to gusstimate it to what ever the out put is on the HU

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9889
EQ on flat.

And you can use a DMM to do it the exact way.

Username: Tysonbee

Post Number: 1
i need help please anyone i have a fortec star mercury 2 i hooked it up good signal did a scan but no picture what am i doing wrong please help do i need a code or wrong dish

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
we are answering your questions Tyson.... what would you need a code for?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us