Help needed with choosing the right Subwoofer

Username: Latitude

Manassas, Va USA

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I am new to this board so sorry if i overlooked any rules. I need help with buying a subwoofer. I have a 2004 honda accord coupe With factory navigation. I can not change the navigation as it controlls the a/c and some other functions.
I had Alpine type-r in my last car, and i didnt like it that much. I want something completly different than type-r. I want hard/solid bass, Something with a "kick" rather than type-r's "boom".
I work for Best buy and get really good discount, so i would like to power that subwoofer with an amplifire from best buy.
i was reading some threads and came to know about brands such as Fi, DD, Ae .etc etc..
Where can i see these in Virginia? Any retailer around here who sells them?.
I am looking for a used sub for around $300-400.. Which one would you recomend for my requirements?
size can be any.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2161
Well. how much power are you going to be working with. If you're buying an amp from bestbuy, I'd suggest getting the PDX 1.100. You can order FI off their site (ficaraudio.com) and DD you have to call in to place your order. Are you saying that you want more sound Quality rather than Loudness? And last question, how much room do you have to work with? (is it a trunk car, hatch, or what)

Username: Latitude

Manassas, Va USA

Post Number: 2
it has a pretty big trunk..so space wouldnt be an issue.
but which one would you suggest? fi or dd or anyother.
how about alpine MRP-M1000 or rockford P1000-1Bd?

Username: Jakechill

Post Number: 3
if u want a great sub you should try db drive, i dont think best buy has em, but its worth getting, ive got an 00 jetta vr6 with a pioneer in dash, polk speakers and db drive platinum series sub and amp

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2162
yeah dont get DB Drive. Alright so we're looking at about 1,000 RMS. I'd suggest an FI Q. I hear they have good SQ, but will get plenty loud. And I'd also suggest to build your own box for it or have a custom built box, do not buy a pre-fab. How much can you get the Alpine for? Because I'd just suggest to get get an Audioque 1200D. Second link.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154991ed5d6bf2b/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0030_Q/product_overview.shops cript

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2432
RD Sonance is another good sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11088
Best Buy in Manassas a mile off 66 across the street from Bull Run Shopping Center I think it is? I live in the area too so if you need help with a box or anything just let me know bud.

There are no DD dealers in our area. The closet is in MD I think. Honestly all the shops around us are weak. I've been to most and talked with some of the guys who work there and most of them are hilarious. Also if you go to them they will just push their products on you and put down any company they don't sell. A guy at the shop chuckled when I told him the sub I ran and well, lets just say my sub isn't a slouch compared to what they sell.

Username: Dongetiton

Bronx, New york Usa

Post Number: 1
u can change the head unit scoshe sells a kit so u can put a different radio and it supplies the controls for the climate controls

Username: Mysticstyl3z

Naperville, Illinois USA

Post Number: 4
i got a 15" RD Sonance v2 dual 2 ohm with a custom box for sale. its a great sub. pick up a rockford 1000bd and you're set. hit me up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2526
what are you asking for the sonance?

Naperville, Illinois USA

Post Number: 5
325+ shipping for the sub and box, i'm really trying to keep them together. that price is negotiable though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2527
any pics? vids? I'll compare that price to My team price from Steve and see if i'm interested. thanks

Naperville, Illinois USA

Post Number: 6
i have a for sale thread on CA with pics. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384430
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us