PLEEEAASE HELP! 13w7 wiring

Username: Texaslegend903

Post Number: 3
I have 2 13w7 and i kicker zx2500.1. the subs are dvc 1.5 ohm. i have them wired for a 1.5 ohm load but my amp keeps going into protection. is there any way i can wire them to 2 or 3 ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2324
No other wiring option unless you wanted 6 ohm.

I would think 1.5 would be ok with that amp with the right electrical. What's your electrical look like? how low does your voltage drop?

Post Number: 4
well its a stock battery but its in a 2008 silverado...the voltage deffinatly drops significantly. you think it would help if i got 1 or 2 kinetik batterys or something?

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1711
i would get a HO alternator and new battery or 2

that amp is a beast - it is going into protect because your electrical is not up to par

the 1.5 load should be just fine because it is most likely over 2 ohms after rise

Post Number: 5
ok thank you for the advice... so you do think that the amp is going into protect because of my electrical system? not because i am running at 1.5 ohm? i dont know a whole lot about electrical systems thats why i just want to make sure that is what you are saying

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1712
i would say because of electrical

ive read that people run those amps at 1 ohm daily and .5 ohm for burps

the ohm load of 1.5 is most likely above 2 ohms after rise

Post Number: 6
so when the electrical system is not up to par the ohm load drops as the voltage drops?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2371
i would look in to selling that amp and maybe get an AQ2200. 2200+ watts at 1ohm load.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9667
No... voltage drops when the electrical system can't supply enough power.

HO alternator and better battery.

Post Number: 7
i understand that... but im just wondering why getting a better elecrical system will keep the amp from cutting out

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9671
The amp cuts out when voltage drops below its operating range. Better electrical system = more power supplied to amp = voltage stays up.

Post Number: 8
Ok thanks very much for the info M.S.... i just ordered a kinetik 2000 for starters to see what that will do... and if anyone else has any more info it would be greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1393
the first thing you should have bought was the HO alt, but since u already bought the battery keep it and now save for the alt if you dont already have cash on hand.

check out mechman alts, people been gettin solid products from them and great service.

http://www.mechman.com/alt.htm

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9673
Yea, should have got the alt. The battery will help but it only prolongs your loss of power. The point is whatever power the amp draws needs to be replaced. The battery acts like a buffer. Power is supplied by the alternator. Having a bigger buffer is of course good but not a fix for the problem. It will help though.

For an alt, DB Electrical will almost always have the best deal if its an american car. $200 for 200 amps is hard to beat. And its a company with good products and service. If they don't have anything, then mechman is also very popular right now. They have more selection but cost more.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14711
mistake - delete

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4599
are you sure they are wired Series / Parallel for a 1.5 ohm load, and not a Parallel / Parallel at a 0.38 ohm load?

and when does it go into protect? as soon as it powers up? or when you turn it up?

Post Number: 9
yes im sure i have it wired at 1.5 ohm... it works fine until i turn the volume up to a decent level then its goes into protect for a couple of seconds then turns back on and off and on etc...

Post Number: 10
and i also have one more question if you guys could help me out... what should i set the x-over frequency on the amp to? and what does it change?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us