Dodge Owners

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1926
Has anyone ever had any problems running the speaker wire through the door? This is really pissin me off and the hole right by the door to run it through is completely covered. Anyone have any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3304
Yeah, I was just over and it's a b!tch. Cant reach up on the passengers side because the stupid factory amp is in the way. The amp is bolted way up in the dash where theres really no way to get a wrench up there.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12332
you drill a new hole in both the door lip and the iner fender, and put a coupled rubber boot between the two holes to weather seal them. then run your wires through there.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9499
I had this same problem with my blazer.... there was 2 layers of metal in the kick panel. I just drilled a hole in the inside layer to run the wires through, instead of taking out the entire dash to get to the factory wiring.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1927
the only way i could drill a hole would be to take the entire door off, would be a pain.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 314
^^^I had the same problem man. Not enough room to get a drill in there. I ended up borrowing one of those right angle drills and a shorty bit from a friend.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 315
Like this.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6423
Iv had to take the doors of on one of my cars to drill the holes to run the wire

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1928
i figured it out, just removed a rubber piece under the rubber hose and ran it through there, works like a charm now. thansk for all the tips though.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3307
Coolio.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4565
I used the old speaker wire as a pull. Attached the new speaker wire to the old wires, then pulled them through the grommit into the dash area. I know its a little late, but its just another method.

BTW, i then redid the wire and pulled the factory ones back in as a back up, so i still got the new ones and the factory ones run thru.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1929
well the old wires dont even go through the hole, they all go to a connector, then theres just a clip on the other end and the wire just starts up again and runs to the headunit. It's kind of hard to explain.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3460
I fortunately had this electrical wire needle type thing. it looks just like a needle you would use to sow, but plastic and x20 bigger. used that to run through the two metals panels as M.S. described. it was a bish but it worked.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us