Upgrading soon need opinions please

Bronze Member
Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 62
i currently have 2 re mx 12's, and a rockford T20001bd. im only using one of my subs right now(2ohm load on amp) because i coudnt get a box that would be good for both subs in my trunk. im currently a little unsastified with it. its loud but not quite loud enough and it only hits a narrow range of fz. the box i have it in is well biult, its 2.1 cf 3 tuned somewhere from 32-35. i have a 200 amp alt(which i dont think does 200 amps) and a motomaster spiral cell batt. what im thinkin about doin is gettin 1 new 12" sub, biuldin a new box for it, gettin a stronger alt prolly from mechman or somewhere dependable, 2 or 3 kinetik batts, maybe something to fit my batt tray and a bit bigger one for the back? since i like re im thinkin bout gettin the xxx. thats the only thing im not settled on yet, i wanna keep my amp cause i think its decent and farily new. the only other sub i had in mind would be something from fi. as far as sq and spl, im about 40/60 spl. i want something louder then my mx and something that will hit a wider range of frequecies with prolly a lil more effeicny. can someone lemme know if im on the right track with my upgrades please or let me know if i could get something better for the buck

thanks in advance

Bronze Member

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 64
bump

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2268
Budget?

I would go 1 15" setup instead of 1 12"..
i forget what vehicle you have so...

look into:

a fully loaded Fi BL
RD Audio Alpha v.2
Ascendant Audio Mayhem
AQ hdc15
DD3515
RE XXX used 0/4-0/5 model
AP AXIS
DC lvl4
treo ssx
many more options

all would need to be dual 2ohm V.C. configuration

i guess you could go with same subs in a 12" if you wanted.

look into scotts dc lvl4 w/lvl5 coils.. it is a 12"

Bronze Member

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 65
02 cavalier, not sure if i can fit a 15". the biggest box i can fit in my trunk is 14.5 high 35 wide 17-19 deep.
im guessin u need about 4-6 cubes for a 15 after port and sub displacment, and i only got about 3.0-3.5 cubes to work with. my budget is an honest 2500-3000. about 1000 of that for a good sub if needed. i can run a 1 ohm load to although i think the T2000 gets a bit enefiecnt at 1 ohm. whats a fi bl like sq-spl wise?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14662
but its its 2 subs stuffed in an undersized box surely it will not sound as good as it should , if u have at least 4cuft then try a 1 15" instead ...

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6182
you can always fire the sub up.. how big of a box can you fit if you take the backseat out and slide in into the trunk through that opening?

if not your best setup for SQL on that list would be two 04/05 RE XXX 12"s.. god luck on finding them tho
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us