My amp is kicking off

Username: C_lower

Post Number: 5
i got two amps. rockford fosgate 300-1 powering my subs. and a coustic 160se powering my speakers. my coustic keeps kicking onto protect. it does it when i have the bass turned up. i was wondering if it could be getting to much juice because the subs are pullin in juice and its trying to match the same amount?

any help would be lovely.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1602
how far up is your bass boost? did you tune this in either by ear or dmm? or just turn your gain up a certain ammount?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9456
Either bass boost is on or the gain is cranked up...... turn off bass boost and set gain properly.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2610

quote:

and a coustic 160se powering my speakers. my coustic keeps kicking onto protect. it does it when i have the bass turned up.

So the amp that is powering your speakers is going into protect? How do you have your speakers wired up to it? You may have them hooked up to an unsupported ohm load or you could have the gain set too high.

quote:

i was wondering if it could be getting to much juice because the subs are pullin in juice and its trying to match the same amount?

This is kind of a confusing sentence lol. Are you saying that because your sub is pulling more juice than your high's amp, it is trying to match it?

Post Number: 6
yea thats what i was tryin to say. and i took it to the local audio shop and they diagnosed my problem. my battery couldnt keep up. lol it kept gettin overpowered and couldnt supply enough power. so i got a new beasty battery on the way. so everything will be good as new. thanks though everyone

Post Number: 7
put my new battery in today. turned the sub amps gain back up and not a minute later the high amp kicked off. im ready to throw the sh1t out the window.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2188
Did they tell you how low the voltage was dropping? Or did they just BS around and assume?

Post Number: 9
they BS around and assume. i took my buddies amp and put it in and it worked fine. so i bought a 100 dollar battery for nothing because they were toooo lazy to test the amp. great people. not

Gold Member

Post Number: 2617
You really should have asked us about the battery first, Corey. That was your mistake lol.

Make sure you have the speakers wired up to the amp in the correct ohm load that the amp can support...just like I said before you wasted your money.

Post Number: 10
everything was hooked up fine NICK...... the amp was toast. the RCAs in the amp fried. everything listed helped me not one bit. im not being rude or anything, and i appreciate you guys for trying to help out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2625
Well tell a nigga next time :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us