RE - 2 12" or 1 15"

Bronze Member
Username: Skateguy92

Post Number: 44
I got a custom box made for my expedition for a couple 12's. I kinda wanted to keep it because it looks nice and I spend money/time on it but I can always use it later I guess.

Anyways... I have a hifonics brutus 1500w (ya ya i know) and I was running two 12" type-R's. I want to upgrade and was originally gonna use two 12" RE SE's.

Or I found a new RE SX 15" but it is a D4... So from my amp at max it would be seeing 1000w most likely 900ish but it would be clean 2ohm power at least.

So, I was gonna ask for a few opinions on what to do. Oh and the budget is around $300-350

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 9128
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RE-AUDIO-SE12D4-12-SE-WOOFER-SUBWOOFER-SE12-D4-pair_W0QQit emZ200283081579QQihZ010QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2821
ud be lucky to see 1k after rise and all other components ...

go with a pair of lower rms subs if u have the space they are more efficient on lesser power

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14482
unless u get a bigger amp i dont think new subs will sound much louder than what u have now ...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2178
Do you want to go louder or better sq? or both?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
both, I think ive got my plan figured out for my truck. Ive been sold on the RE SE woofer, so im gonna grab two of those for now and I plan on adding two more here in a few months around tax returns and a HO alt with 2500rms. Should get decently loud and sound really good.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5989
i would not run two RE SEs on 2500rms.. if you plan to get that much power get the SX now and another later.

you will sacrifice a little SQ

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14495
^x2 ...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2190
I think he's planning on running 4 total in the end. 2 now+2 later.

4 of those in a truck would be more than just descently loud. That would be an awesome daily setup imo!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14497
oh ok didnt know that - well then he can use those SE's but watch ur vol level - thats what im doing since i also have 2 10s SE's dual 4ohms running off my orion 2500d so i had to control the output by turning down the vol level on my cross over ... what i later did was wire the subs to 4ohms so it gets 1200wrms from the orion which im satisfied with ...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3021
you could buy my 15" tc-3000 dual 2 ohm for a real nice price....

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1560
when did logan come back did i miss something?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5992
I am also running a pair of RE SEs.. great subs.. no where near the output of my old SXs tho.. much better SQ on the other hand... still get decently loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
yup, just two for now and then two later around tax returns

I think it will make a pretty nice DD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us