Best 12 for the price!

Bronze Member
Username: Doug6815

Post Number: 12
hey im gettin a new system.. was thinkin bout 2 12's now imma jus get 1 12 but it needs 2 be a bad mama jama u kno? need sum ideas? alpine type x.. jl audio.. FI Q or bl or w\e.. jus need sum good ideas

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2290
Hello Doug,
There is not a day where a post like this doesn't happen.

First of all, type like you have some type of brains so we can all understand. It is sometimes hard to read the gibberish that people type, like it was the first thing to come to their head.

Second, we will need some information in order to answer your question. It is really common sense to at least say your budget. We also need to know how much power you are currently running (duh) and also what type of music you listen to. This all effects the type of sub we will suggest.

Please post back with this little bit of information and many of us will be glad to help :-)

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Stavenmist316, Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 2763

quote:

First of all, type like you have some type of brains so we can all understand. It is sometimes hard to read the gibberish that people type, like it was the first thing to come to their head.

x2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
lol im sry this how i type but ya.. my budget is about 800 for sub and amp.. i listen 2 rap.. want it 2 have good SPL but also be able to understand the words.. u kno good SQ anything else u need?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2291
I assume you have a stock electrical? Do you have any plans on upgrading the alternator or battery?

With a stock charging system, It will be safe to run around 800-1000rms. The type of sub you seem to be looking for is a SQL sub.

There are a few key subs that fit your needs and price range:
RD Sonance (very nice sub)
Fi SSD (was my first sub, its nice)
AQ subs are also something to look into.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ya i have stock electrical i havent change anything.. and idk i might update i dont really kno anything about batteries and alternators n stuff.. and ya ive heard good things about the Fi's.. u think SSD be better than a Q or BL?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6539
really nice sub, especially at the price.
http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=130&idproduct= 487

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3243
if you're interested in RD, I'll sell you a 12" RD alpha v1 for 170 shipped to your door, and save you some money for amp(s) and door speakers, if you wanted to go that route.

it works and looks great.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5606
RE SEs FTW :P

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1406
"want it 2 have good SPL but also be able to understand the words.."

the words that you want to understand have nothing to do with your subs. Generally speaking, with stock electrical you dont want to run more than 1200 wrms.. Are you planning on upgrading your mids/high? H.U.? What vehicle are you putting this in.
Welcome to eCoustics.

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

02 Hyundia Santa Fe, 120.3 db not...

Post Number: 496
GO With the FI SSD i have one now...and it really bumps, im pushing it with a hifoncis pushin like 1000 rms, and build your own box and wahla....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
im gonna put it on the back seat of my 2001 f150 super crew.. i honestly dont kno anything about electronics n my truck.. so ya gonna have 2 hlp a bit

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1449
ill sell you one of my sx's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
r re sx good? i heard fi and re were pretty good but idk which.. jus need sum input on rel good 12's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
w\e i get i prob gonna get off ebay..

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3912
i think with 1200 watts id go with 2 exodus audio shiva-x s and maybe a alpine pdx 1000.1

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6543
finally, someone else that recommends the shiva-x! great subs. not the loudest, but amazing sq. do require a bit larger box though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
ive never heard of those lol wuts good bout em?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6545
amzing sq, at an insane price. not the loudest sub out, but can get decently loud enough. a pair in a truck would sound really good.

www.diycable.com

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1454
the sx's is a pretty good sub. it can take a beating for sure and they get brutally loud on the lows. below 40 hz in my car makes people want out.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1455
another sub you way want to check out if th kappa perfect. i had a pair on 1k and it was retarded loud. i sold it to my friend and he threw it in his civic and his windshield and entire car for that matter flexed like crazy.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1456
ctmike those cadence subs gotta be beasts and for only $100. have you used them before? I mean with alomst 30omm xmax those things gotta move some air.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6547
i have a single 10" wildbeast in my car now. want to say 1.75cuft. at 35hz. really nice imo.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
so im guessin all these prob better than kicker n alpine n common stuff?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6548
depends on alot,no one sub is the best. except the idmax, but i'm biased cause that is my favorite sub.

but with an $800 budget, i'd either grab a pair of the 12" cadence wildbeasts which would be $200 and then a kicker zx1500.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7302_Kicker+ZX1500.1.html

or like hunter said, a pair of the shiva's and an alpine pdx1000.1. this would actually be my first choice, but i'm not sure how much room you have to work with. for the pair, sealed, you'd want 2cuft. for each, and that's with some polyfill stuffed into them as well.

OR,
single 15" mach5 ixl
http://www.mach5audio.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products _id=180

ran off a sundown sae1000d
http://kluvkustoms.com/cgi-bin/online/storepro.php

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
its jus i never heard of wildbeasts or.. shivas or mach5's n stuff.. u kno?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6554
just cause you never heard of them doesn't mean a thing. no one here would recommend garbage. any of the subs i had just mentioned would be a great choice. not only better prices than damn near any mainstream sub that's comparable, but you'll also have something not every other person near you has.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i kno im jus sayin.. i never heard of them so i have never heard them.. so i dont kno for sure if they good or not u kno?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6555
they're all good subs.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2824
ctmike won't lead you wrong

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
which one would be the best for spl?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6564
from the three setups i posted, the pair of wildbeasts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
where would i find these wildbeasts!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6566
www.cadencesound.com

go to the outlet link on their homepage, then to subs.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3916
well if you want loud off of 1k of power id go with the kicker l5. :-(

but ctmike has gotcha covered. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
kicker L5 rms is like 600...

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3918
1000 shared power is what i was referring to. l5 would still be louder then the l7 off of 1k each

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
ok so lets say.. 1 12 l7 on 750 or 2x alpine type r's on 1000 wuts better?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10594
Id go with the type r's even if it was 750 watts.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2291
I'd go with the L7 anyday even if its only on 750 i've owned 2 L7s and those subs were loud on any wattage

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i personally think.. 2 alpine type r 12's would be louder and better SQ then 1 12 l7.. but idk..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10597
"i personally think.. 2 alpine type r 12's would be louder and better SQ then 1 12 l7"

That would be my opinion as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
if i got 2 alpine type r's and i got the 2 ohm subs wut would be the best amp?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10603
With two dual 2 ohms subs you would want a 2 ohm stable class d mono block amp for the best efficiency.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6569
kicker zx1500.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10604
While that kicker amp is a good recommendation using a stock alternator you wont be able to support the amp and you will have to set the gains with a digital multimeter for lower power. As a side note you could buy two dual 4 ohm alpine subs and go with an audioque 1200d amplifier for 249 shipped but even with that amp you will need to lower the power.

Heres a place to get the alpine dual 4 ohm 12's for 99 plus shipping with an option for $12 to get a three year warranty and audioques website.

http://www.etronics.com/p-1120-alpine-swr-1242d-12-type-r-series-subwoofer-4-ohm-4-ohm.aspx

www.audioque.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
u think my stock electric can run a 1000w amp?

Username: Jonathon1125

Post Number: 3
ill sell u my nib pioneer championship sub 6000 watts and 3000 rms watts if ur interested

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1463
1200 watts is the limit for most stock electrical's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
so like a zx1000.1 kicker amp would be good for 2x 2 ohm alpines and would get the full power out of the amp?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6570
yes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
aight thats chillin.. how much would it cost 2 update ur alternator n battery or w\e? idk these things lol

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18479
$4000.

J/K. Like $400-$500 or less?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
like if i went 2 a local sound system store or w\e n i got n amp that my car wouldnt run would they tell me bout it or would they jus sell me the sh!t n screw me over? lol

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6582
most stores will just screw you over and install anything you pay for. they'll probably add in the fact you need a cap to.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18482
If you can't do it yourself and take it somewhere else they will surly tell you that you need more than you do. It's just the nature of the beast.

I once had a main breaker in my house's main fuse box sparking. I freaked out. I had two kids in the house sleeping. Called the nearest electrician fearing a fire. I had my suspicions of water entering the breaker box via the supply cable. The putty used around the cable outside tend to weather over time and leak, thus causing water to travel directly into my home's main breaker box. THAT was causing the problem. Turns out I was right. HOWEVER.....

The electrician charged me well over $400 to simply pull the faulty main breaker and swap out a new one. Something I could've done myself in 30 seconds. Then he tells me to reseal the cable to the meter box outside, which I did.

I felt raped. $400 for 10 minutes of work. Then to top it off they hand me a flyer that states all the reasons why they charge so much. "You're not paying for only the service but also the training of the "technicians" and insurance..ect...ect...

The company is called Runemmede Electric everyone. Stay AWAY from them if you're in south Jersey!!!!

And to top it off they swapped out my main breaker with a USED one!!!!!!

A $5 breaker at home depot cost me over $400 to replace using "professionals".

What does that teach you?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
so lets say i have a ford 2001 f150 super crew.. wut could that power wit stock electricity? lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10625
From what I see it looks like you have a 95 amp alternator so I wouldnt run more than 600-700 watt class d amplifier because you need some of the alternators power for the vehicles basic electrical needs. Although I assume your going to want to run an amp for your highs too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2338
If you got an extra battery and put it in the back, you could get away with ~2-2.2krms on a class d amp. If you do this, also do your big 3. Just watch your voltage.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
if i did put the 1000w amp on wut u think is my 95 amp alternator wut would happen?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10627
You would have to turn the gain down because you would have low voltage.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2340
I would go ahead and get the 1000rms amp, then go from there. Observe your voltage drops (if any), and do what needs to be done.

It doesn't take much of a charging system to run 1k.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10628
The problem with pushing the limit with your electrical is you have idle amperage from your alternator and max ratings and that creates voltage issues in a case like yours running a full 1000 watts with the volume up a lot. This is why Nick is saying observe voltage drops and do what needs to be done. If you dont do that and you push your battery and alternator you will shorten the life of both and this is why I suggest a more conservative power suggestion with your alternator than Nick but even if you buy a 1000 watt amp and set it to say 700 watts you will have cleaner power which is good.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

6 12s SonySony for life

Post Number: 2558
"want it 2 have good SPL but also be able to understand the words.."

Dont spend to much time on your sub's. Save some for your front stage.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 456
i have a 12" power hx2, i cant wait to get it hooked up, i heard they can take the juice like barry bonds

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
wut u mean by front stage?

Username: Johnnyzq

Post Number: 5
I come across this nice Sub at:
http://www.gizmograbber.com/ProductClass.asp?ClassID=95
please help me to check it out whether it is fit.
It looks trustworthy and we can pay with paypal

Gold Member

Post Number: 2341

quote:

If you dont do that and you push your battery and alternator you will shorten the life of both and this is why I suggest a more conservative power suggestion with your alternator than Nick but even if you buy a 1000 watt amp and set it to say 700 watts you will have cleaner power which is good.

Shorten the life of the alternator? Sounds good to me lol. Gives an excuse to buy an HO alt when the stock fails

If you buy a 1krms amp, at least you will have the power whenever you are able to turn the gain up.

..Hey sean..you still have some 3250.1s for sale?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10630
"Hey sean..you still have some 3250.1s for sale?"

Thats my bro scott s and yes I believe he does still want to sell them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us