Panasonic: CQ-9700U -or- CQ-9800U

Username: Lilkoop

Melbourne, Florida Us

Post Number: 4
i've been looking at the specs for both of these head units and i found that the 9700 is 60w x 4 (w/ 26w x 4 rms) and the 9800 is 70w x 4 (with 60w x 4 rms). they are like 20-50$ difference, but is the 9800 really 60w x 4 rms when its 70w x 4 max?? which one would yall recommend if i put 4" speakers in my deck and 5 1/4" component speakers in my rear deck?
Thanks

Username: Lilkoop

Melbourne, Florida Us

Post Number: 6
anyone got an idea if the cq-c9800u is actually 60w x 4 rms when it's 70w x 4 max?
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 23
even you don't like to hear it, you may get 20 real watts out of it the most. the new alpine v-drive amps put out arount 17-18w ! not 25w rms ! under real volt conditions. the 60w it utopic and nothing but a good comercial. the speaker in my brothers car are advertised with 110w each, we figuered they only handle 25w rms....so peak power doesn't mean shxt !
even the good companys need those little lies not to let themselves look bad when compared to cheap brands who advertise 200watts. remember most people at circus city don't know anything about HU's. they go for a flashy design and a 100watts sign on the box...

Username: Dean_k

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 1
GermanGuy is right, there's no real good way to tell.

The 9800 is better, but the difference is probably barely noticeable, I have the 9700 and its great, if I was you I'd save the $50 and buy yourself a nice meal or something

Username: Dean_k

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 2
oh, and if the rms was 60W im sure they'd be saying the Peak is something like 120-200W lol, so that is weird
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us