2 12" cvrs? 1 12" l7?

Silver Member
Username: Leapoldstotch

Post Number: 111
What would be louder?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10418
It would be close but the L7 could edge out the cvrs if either setup was given 800 watts. But you wouldnt be able to hear the difference. Only on a meter. It would be that close. Im basing this somewhat on the type of vehicle I remember you saying you had as well.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1209
i would lean the other way.... If both are in optimal ported enclosures.... I would lean toward the 2-12's being a lil louder. assumimg both are on 800-1000 wrms/setup.. But either way would be too close to tell the difference

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2269
i've actually owned both setups in the same car and the L7 was louder and it was really noticeable the cvrs were getting 400 watts rms each and the L7 400 aswell i was suprised both were in prefab boxes

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10424
That was two l7 12's though right? He was asking two cvr 12's vs one l7 12.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2270
yeah they were all 12's and i was suprised aswell i had both setups at the same time and i just wanted to do a drop in test with subs the amp i had was rated at 400 x2 at 2 ohms and 800x1 at 4 ohms bridged i the cvrs were dual 4 ohm wired in series so i bridged them the L7 was dual 4 and parallel so it was only getting 400 watts i was suprised aswell but thats why i love L7s They get loud sound decent(to me) and are pretty efficient.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2271
lol Sean why did you edit your post

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10426
If you posted before I edited it didnt show up for me. But I edited because I realized you might have been talking about two cvr 12's vs two l7 12's. Im glad to hear it was one l7 12 though. I was right one l7 12 would be louder in his case.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
two l7s would blow 2cvrs outa the water. At least id hope so since they cost 3 times as much..
But what about 2 12" cvrs and 1 15" l7? My friend had a 15" l7 and it was pretty damn loud. Hopefully the new box im making will make my subs louder, the box ive got now is a fked up ported box turned into sealed.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2272
Seth maybe you didn't read right but if 1 12" L7 is louder than 2 12" cvrs one 15" L7 will be louder for sure

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
Sean said it would be really close, Mark said he would be really close. Both said you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. Raysist was talking about TWO 12" l7s not one.

So yes i did read right, it seems the one that cant read is you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1224
Seth...... He read right and was right to say what he did... His pointwas that if 1 12" L7 is close then 1 15" L7 would be for sure... But it's all good.... YOur question was answered. lol

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2273
Bro i'm Raycist and i said i had 1 12" L7 show me where i said 2 and nothing against them but Mark and Sean where just guessing i know for a fact but yeah bro you need to work on your reading.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1231
i would have to say that my opinion was an educated guess.. since I have owned cvr,cvx,L5,L7,and solo x's.. but it's all opinions. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us