Subs with different ohm coils

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1392
My friend is really stupid and for some reason bought one cvr with dual 4 ohm and the other with dual 2 ohm.

i told him he need to trade one of the subs for a different one.

he went to circuit city and they installed his system for him and they said it would be fine even though the subs have a different coil configuration.

so i went to listen to it and it dosnt sound bad. shouldn't it sound terrible with the subs each receiving different power and them being in a common chamber box.

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 69
well i dont think they would be receiving different power unless its going to a 2 channel amp it might give a strange impedance if mono like 3 ohm or something not to sure

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18013
"he went to circuit city and they installed his system for him and they said it would be fine even though the subs have a different coil configuration."

It shouldn't be hard to return one sub and properly match them. Should be an easy swap. He bought the subs there also correct? Amp?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1393
yea but what if they are wired in parallel. im not sure how they are wired up tho.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1394
he bought one of the subs there.

the amp is a visonik mono block. looks like a newer one not sure tho as i have never really kept up on my visonik products. i think its supposed to be like 500 or 1000 watts. its 60 amp fusing on the side i do remember that.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1601
CC installation ftl and they will say anything to get away with it. ....

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1395
yea i know thats exactly what i told my friend. he never listens to any of my suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8306
yeah hes an idiot alright.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us