What do you think of..

Bronze Member
Username: Killer832nasty

Westfield, Massachusetts United States

Post Number: 31
Diamond Audio S600a 6.5 inch Components?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 657
It depends on many factors. Let us know what your budget is, what type of music you listen to, and what type of sound you're aiming for (if you don't know...list any speakers that you've heard before and what you thought of them....this will allow us to point you in the right direction).

You'll be using an amp, correct?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Mainly to Metal/rock.. rap sometimes

Silver Member

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 663
Also need to know budget and if you'll be using an amp...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Well ive got an 04 grand am.. which has the monsoon amp still in it, cause i didnt want to rewire everything. and they still get pretty loud.. so i figured more or less they would be pretty loud being in the doors with the stock amp?

I found a pair for 200 on ebay

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1149
those diamonds really need some watts to get them moving. many people have thrown 150rms at them and have been disappointed because the need around 200 a piece to get the midbass to balance out. if your going to get those speakers then i HIGHLY suggest getting an amp to power them. if not...then i think you should look elsewhere

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i would definetly look into an amp.. what would be a decent one for somewhat cheap?

Silver Member

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 670
Budget for an amp? Are you into bright tweeters? The tweeter on that set is a prime example of one....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
what would you mean by bright..

Id say somewhere around 200 bucks?

Silver Member

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 674
Sorry also forgot to ask....are you set on getting a warranty with your amp, or are you okay with buying one cheaper with no manufacturer's warranty?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
hmm well a warranty is always good to have, if i can find something around 200 bux with a warranty thatd be nice

Silver Member

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 680
This Kicker is pretty decent for the price: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6570_Kicker+ZX350.2.html

And if you're willing to spend a bit more, this PG Xenon is an awesome amp: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2741_Phoenix+Gold+Xenon+X200.2.html

The price is pretty good on that PG also.

Bright is how you would characterize a tweeter that is more critical. It can sometimes be slightly ear-piercing...also known as harsh. It's a common issue that people can run into with that Diamond set.

What other brands have you looked at so far for speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I havent really looked into all that many.. i know polk audio has a set i looked at.

I'd like to get something thats crisp clean and clear.. But not trying to spend a rediculous amount of money at the same time.

Any other suggestions that might be better than the Diamonds?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us