Which subs is good

Username: Sql_lover101

Post Number: 1
What is your personal opinion on the XXX, Fi Q, R.E SX, idmax? My sub budget is 250-600. Also in a civic, should I get duals or single sub? N what power wud u run wit the sub that u pick .. My amp budget is somewhere between 400-800 dependn on how much power subs need.but im lookn for SQL so what yall think? 1 xxx-15? 1 revo-15... 2 fi Q 15 or 2x12 idmax, 2x15sx or what do u prefer even if its not on the list..? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1151
do you have a high output alt? if so id do 2 fi qs off of 2400-2600 rms otherwise just one

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6456
i'd do a pair of idmaxs. each off a sundown sae1000d, or just one saz1500d.

Post Number: 2
Bout the alt no but I can uopgrade it... and are idmax good? What's the rms on it? N how much do they run and how much sundown amp runs for (the 1000d)?

Also, u kno anything bout the adire brahma? I was reading couple forums and heard good stuff bout it

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6457
can't remember what version of the brahma is the good ones, others will have to help you there.

as for the idmaxs', yes, they are very nice subs which for some reason never get mentioned here. personally one of my favorite subs out. the rms is 1000w, but are very efficient drivers and do not require 1000w. a pair of idmaxs' ran off a single saz1500d would be perfect imo. as for the sundown amps, go to www.kluvkustoms.com, imo they have the best prices on them.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 79
idmaxs on a saz1500 would be sweet. id max is a very well known sq sub and two of them in a good install could get pretty loud. their rated for 1000wrms but depending on the box only need around 700. the brahma is a great sub since its xbl^2 but i would only take the first two version the third version is ok but the 4th version sucks. also might check out the OLD re xxx, 03-06 it is also xbl^2 or may favorite the AA avalanche LOW END monster. also iirc the new si mag is xbl^2 based and i hear great things about it on their forum might wanna check them out to.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2640
i ran an ava for ever ...

i regret selling that sub everyday ...

that xbl^2 was great man ... gotta love the low end on that woofer

Post Number: 3
So 1 saz1500 would be better than gettn 2 sae1000?

How much idmax run? N wut bout avalanche? And can the idmax take daily pounding?

Post Number: 4
N wutz rms on avalanches.. N keep in mind folks dis is going in a small car.. Size of a civic... corolla..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6458
idmaxs, i think about $350 shipped each. i know www.woofersetc.com is an id dealer, and the only one i would trust online from what i've read. and yes, daily a pair of those would be a very nice substage. excellent sq and still have the ability to get loud.

i would say the saz1500d would be a better choice for a pair of idmaxs', like i said before, and not only save you money over a pair of 1000ds', but also a little easier on the cars charging system.

the avalanche though has been out of production for awhile now. you can search around other forums' for sale sections though, you may get lucky. think i saw one over on caraudio.com not to long ago.

Post Number: 6
Well avalanche is probaly out the question becuz its discountinued... but my choices now are fi Q and idmax.. 1 thing bout idmax is the fact they don't got 15's cuz I like deep bass but is the idmax beter than 15 fi Q's?

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 81
meh would be install dependant. both are good subs. me personally would take the max but really either choice is good. so are you plan on running 1 1500 or 2 1000's? might wanna look at the AA havoc. check ssa for drop in comparison to the q.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6459
like dustin said, between the 2 it'd be a hard choice. but, i love the idmax and would choose that sub. if wanting a 15" though you'd have to go with the q cause the 15" idmax isn't going to be out for awhile now. but even then, i'd take a pair of 12" idmaxs over the single 15" q.

Post Number: 7
Naw its either 1 idmax against 1 fi q , or 2x12 idmax or 2x15 fiq , also with the Q wut amp is best to run with it?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3809
Save your money and get 2 RE SE 15" and call is a day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RE-AUDIO-SE15D4-15-1200-WATT-CAR-SUBWOOFER-SE15-D4_W0QQi temZ300252364878QQihZ020QQcategoryZ18805QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Post Number: 8
Wut bout a R.E sx? Which 1 has better SQ, and booms and hits the lows.. Idmax or q's?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3810
RE SX is more towards SPL not SQ.

If you have the money for 2 ID MAX get them if not go with Fi Q,you will like which ever one you go with.

Post Number: 9
Which one hits the deep bass and booms louder? Also which 1 has the better sq?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6460
idmax.

/thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us