Paul Larrea

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 953
I was lookin at your thread about replacing a surround and saw that pic with the 2-Pyramid royal reds...
Everyone know that Pyramid is junk, but.... Outta curiosity only.. How did those subs sound?
Sorry for the dumb question. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17778
Sound? Well I used them in an experimental HT sub. 4 of them actually. For the price they gave me an education. I think I remember paying like $200 for the four. They moved air and on the thump side of HT I didn't care about quality with it, I just wanted to get my feet wet for my 15" Mag HT setup that everyone is tired of seeing lol. After my Mag I switched to the 18" Q.

Are the Royal reds worth what they cost? Sure. Just don't expect much as well. They move air and for my first attempt/experiment I wasn't looking to spend much. They looked like they can take a beating and for the most part I gave them one pushing them with a 500w Bash plate amp. The simple setup shook dishes upstairs and rattled the glasses behind my bar. They kept up and when I was ready for the real thing I dismantled it all and sold it. I even sold one sub to Drivin' awhile back. The others went to the mart.

It was a fun project.

Upload
Upload
Upload

She may have been ugly but it worked lol.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 201
I like the wood color :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17780
Well the cheapest way (short of paint) to cover a box is by using carpet. I didn't even carpet the back. $20 and I was done.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 954
thanks for the response
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us