Help with a system

Silver Member
Username: Iamabadperson777

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 108
Was looking into these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DOUBLE-12-LOADED-1500-W-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-SUB-BOX-GIFT_W0QQit emZ300246845549QQihZ020QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Only reason I was looking at those was because a friend of mine has a pair of 12" audiopipe subs and they dont sound half bad.

Otherwise open to ideas. Would like 2 12s. Need subs, amp, and wiring kit. Dont want to spend much more than $400 on everything thats why I was looking into those subs since they arent too pricy. I want loud but still keep the sound quality.

This will be my first system and Im pretty sure most of you can tell I dont know much but I want to learn.

Thanks, Jeremy

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2592
to be honest man ... im sure youll get the same response from most of this forum ...

ideally you would need alittle more money to get everything to sound proper and be of exceptional build quality ... a couple hundred more dollars can get you alot better gear which in turn will make you happier with your purchase ...

also prefab boxes arent something you want to invest in. They arent made to spec normally and ususally consist of weak 5/8 mdf ...

weigh out your options man ... if you want to use the audiopipes they arent bad woofers ... its whatever you like man ... sound is subjective to the listener

Silver Member

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 109
Idk. Another reason I dont want to spend too much is because the car I am purchasing monday is not that great so if anything were to happen to them.

What amp would go good with those audiopipe subs? And wiring kit?

I understand it wont be the greatest but its cheap, its my first one, and in time more than likely I will upgrade. But for now they are just goin into a winter beater.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2593
any idea what the impedance the woofer is ...

it should say it on the woofer or a box if u have it ...

single or dual 2 ohm/single or dual 4 ohm

find that out and we can match up an amplifier to them ...

also if ur gonna put them in a sealed prefab enclosure ... you wont really notice an audible difference ...

Silver Member

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 110
Well they come in that box they show in the picture on the link.

And it said they are wired at 2 ohms at each terminal for multiple- wiring applications. I didnt see single or dual.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10139
Get two audioque sd 2.0 12's 268 shipped

http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_Series.htm

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

and this alpine MRP-M500 amplifier at 159 shipped and crush those audiopipes

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-NEW-ALPINE-500w-RMS-MONO-CAR-STEREO-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQi temZ280253836333QQihZ018QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That would make a very good system for $427. Just make sure you have the room in the trunk for two 12's.

Silver Member

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 111
Idk. I like the audiopipe because it comes with a box. I dont really wanna take the time to make a box or have one made.

So probably just looking for an amp for the audiopipe. Plus the audioque are a little too much.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10141
The audioque's will be much better than the audiopipes and the total cost is only a tad over 400 which is the range you gave. If its a matter of money and the box build buy the equipment now and wait and save the extra cash it would take to build the box and as far as building its not that hard and we can help you.

Silver Member

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 112
Alright, Ill take that into consideration. Its just that my friend that is good with construction is leavin for college soon so idk how I would get a box made for it. Cause if I did it, I know it would completely suck plus I dont have the tools. But its also wiring and a box that I have to buy too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10142
Ok well since you dont have the tools that does make things a no go but if your friend could help you with that and the build that would be good. The wiring cost for that amp wont be too much.

Silver Member

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 113
Ya, just cause its alot easier for me, also cheaper as well. Even tho its probably not the best I think Im gonna go with the audiopipe.

So if anyone could help with a good amp and whatever else I would need with it, that would me great.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2093
You will learn Jeremy that you do get what you pay for in the car audio world. And later on you are going to wish that you would have waited until you had the time/cash to build a proper system.

Anywho, about the audiopipes:
Those subs are 750rms a piece, and each sub is wired down to 2 ohms, so you will need a 1500rms @ 1 ohm amp.

There are alot of amps that do this power but most is out of your budget. After you buy that loaded sub box, you will have $235.06 left over.

The cheapest amp I can think of that does near the power you are looking for is the audioque 1200d. But it is $249, and you would still need wire. This means you have to go cheap on the amp to. All of this is going to cost you more money in the long run.Replacing cheap amps and subs add up.

As for wire:
Ask Paul about some deals on what he has.

Silver Member

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 114
So the 1200d will be a good amp for those subs?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10146
Not to mention you dont have to alternator to support 1200 watts and it will shorten the life of your battery.

Silver Member

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 115
Alright, so what amp will go well with my stock alternator and those subs?

Silver Member

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 116
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOSS-CHAOS-CH1500D-1500w-MONO-CAR-STEREO-AMPLIFIE R-AMP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ020QQitemZ300246980991QQrdZ1QQsspagen ameZWDVW

This amp any good?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2097
Like I said, you are going to end up going cheap on the amp and you will regret it.

Boss is trash. The audioque will be your cheapest bet.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10149
Like nick said that boss amp is not very good quality and it will be lucky if it puts out a true 500 rms at 2 ohms despite what the listing says. Go with the combination I gave you above if you have the room in your trunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us