Great Stuff not really off topic when used in car audio.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4737
I really hated when you used GreatStuff and if you only wanted to use it for a small job it usually meant what was left over was wasted because small amounts would harden in the nozzle. Well I found away to get around this. You won't be able to use the tube anymore but you can push sideways on the tip and still dispence the foam. Once you used what you needed to quickly remove the tube ans discard. Now look into the nozzle you will notice a small amount foaming out. Use a piece of weedwacker plastic line and fish it into the nozzle repeatedly trying to remove as much of the rising foam as possible. now take Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and pour into the nozzel, spilling over is fine. now take a clean piece of weedwacker line and scrub the iside of the nozzle, refill with alcohol and let set. The alcohol acts as a solvent preventing the clog of the nozzle. I have reused the same can 4 times now. Oh and if this sstuff gets on your hands the alcohol will removed it. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8000
i eat my cocktail shrimp
with crackers....

muahahahha suck on that loser

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2084
Or you could tip the can upside down and spray. Alot easier and works for me lol.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1112
ya just like clearing the line after you spray paint

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1429
also any acetone, sometimes found in nail polish remover liquifies any foam whether it be packing peanuts or spray foam. it's a chemical reaction that just plain liquifies it on contact. since i assume great stuff is a foam sealent.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4738
Ya your right but acetone will also eat the nozel and valve, tried that! Clearing only works sometimes but still leaves some residue causing the valve to sometimes stick open and leak the propellant out. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1436
true but i was mainly refering to the tube that it uses, it should be pretty safe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us