AB 500.1 output

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 512
anyone know wat kinda power 2 of them strapped would put out? at 15.x voltage and lowest ohm load it could go down 2

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3719
lol bookmark this and look back at it later...

i'd guess 13k

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4707
You probably couldn't afford the batteries/upgrades let alone the amps :-O Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8507
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Celestra_DA6K2/

"You probably couldn't afford the batteries/upgrades let alone the amps :-O Polo."

Polo, you don't know what you're talking about. His car's worth quite a bit more than the hoopty you're crusing around.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4708
"Polo, you don't know what you're talking about. His car's worth quite a bit more than the hoopty you're crusing around."

And what you running Rob? Ya that's what I thought...

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 513
calm down calm down, rob was jus takin up for me, dont worry bout the money lol lets jus say i bring it more than 180 a day most of the time =] 2 jobs a day is killin me tho polo you got aim, im thinkin bout doin a 16v system and i need some wisdom

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4709
Ya I know, Rob talks out of his @ss and couldn't support such an amp. BTW the AB 500.1 is also the same as the IA 40.1, trust me I have a BatCap 8400 and two 2200's and I still get a decent drop. They are good amps but strapping a pair you will need enough batteries that you would also need suspension upgrades then add the price of the wiring and amps, better get a third job. If I were you I wouldn't bother running a 16V system, nit of work.. Polo.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 514
well ill be str8t out with it, i got bout 5g's rite now but i gotta set a lil aside for college....

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3276
Ouch electrical, but you could probably get 14k out of the amps.

Is this a daily driver? You dont need that much bumpage man... What all are you looking to upgrade? What alt, batteries, etc and do you already have the amps? If you do it right it will be awesome but extremely pricey.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4710
Actually you need all that and some for college. Honestly you don't need much to bump at college level anyways. Honestly what I have is to much but that is just me. Funny thing is I don't compete, nore do I show off I just like having a little more. I can make a single 15 sound like 4 and have been told so by quite a few but that is because there is a lot of tweeking, that is where it really lies. For college get yourself a couple of 15's in a sealed box on about 1500rms and just ride out. If it isn't loud enough then you need more front stage. When your front stage is loud enough you won't need all that much bass. Concentrate on school and maybe some b!tches lOl. :-O Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2064
Some very opinionated advice given in this thread.

The amount of "bump" he wants is strictly his business. He just asked about how much power the amps put out. D-Money is wanting to step up his competition level. Just because you do not compete, polo, does not mean that he doesn't.

quote:

If it isn't loud enough then you need more front stage. When your front stage is loud enough you won't need all that much bas

On a meter, your front stage has nothing to do with your score. Maybe you are just thinking he is wanting a daily driver? lol. I know my front stage is loud and I still want more bass.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1483
dont forget d money does compete in meca spl and sq

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 515
thanks scott and yeah i do im in the running for world finals for both SPL, SQ, drive by and instal watttt :-) so thats y i need more bump polo, front stage for SQ is 2 Dynaudio 242 Gt's hehe, then also i have 6 other speakers hidden somewhere for daily.... =] she loud n boomie.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 516
thanks nick too

well heres the answer to charging.... its a long list

rite now the alternator is a 240 iraggi, thats a POS so im gettin my money back from it, been through 6 alts with him... put a stock on one it last jus fine jus a lil volt drop.
its going to be replaced with a DB electric 230 amp most likely i mite do a 200 jus for more idel out put, then im gettin rid of me AC comp and making a bracket to fit a 300 amp alt as seeing the biggest they make for a cougar is 240, so 2 alts there

i have roughyl 150ish foot of kicker 1/0 now and im placing a order for another 100 foot in a couple days....

i currently have 7 yellow tops but im working on a sponsorship for some biiiiig batts it jus depends on wat model on whether i do a 16v or a 12v install.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4108
"rite now the alternator is a 240 iraggi, thats a POS so im gettin my money back from it"

Good luck with that LOL.

I bought an alternator from him and have been through 5 alts with him. Only 1 worked and it only worked for 4 months. He WILL NOT issue a refund, I have tried. If he issues you a refund, you are one lucky SOB.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4711
Didn't know he wants to compete lOl, so where is the time for school? So you trying to put this all in the current vehicle listed in your profile? GoodLuck.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 517
lol yeah naledge well you see in the state of virginia theres this law that you have to give a shop 2 chances to fix a product, after the 2nd chance your entitled to get your money back if you want, so i want my money back lol all i have to do is send in a lawsuit with that document stating that

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22078
D-money is a bawler!!!

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 943
hey whatever happened to you hooking me up with some kicker 1/0 man :-)

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 518
oops well i cant get u kicker no more.... ill IM you with some diff info tho

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 519
oh yeah to add bout the alt thing, the shop is also to pay for the expenses of putting the alternator on lol, here it cost 200 each time to put the alt on

Silver Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 177
I had the 500.1s strapped and running on 4 hc2400s on a 300amp with minimal voltage drops. Well talk more about them after 4 when I get home and get online

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8508
"Ya I know, Rob talks out of his @ss and couldn't support such an amp."

You're right this time because I sold off my Kinetik batteries to support such an amp even though I was running 4 KX1200.1s along with a KX350.4 with very minimal dimming. If I wanted to I could easily have a setup that uses more power than the amplifier mentioned here or what you're running Polo but for NOW I've steered away from SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4109
"lol yeah naledge well you see in the state of virginia theres this law that you have to give a shop 2 chances to fix a product, after the 2nd chance your entitled to get your money back if you want, so i want my money back lol all i have to do is send in a lawsuit with that document stating that"

Well I hope everything works out for you. When I talked to my lawyer she told me that since the shop is in TN that the venue (court) would change to TN.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 520
nope some reason virginia is really strict he has to come to my town and go be4 my judge

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4715
Ummm Rob you only had two HC 2400's that isn't enough not even with a 300A alt and that is a fact. Polo..

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8511
Are you retarded? Of course they can support but how long is the question? I have enough money on hand to buy quite a few batteries if wanted but as I said, I'm not about SPL so there you have it.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8512
Also, at one point in time I had more than 2 HC2400s but it's all gone now :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4717
Your Broke @ss has no first hand experience with these amps, so don't act like you would know Bobby.

Polo..

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2065
I run 4.4krms off of a stock alt and one HC2400 (one of Rob's old one)....

It works flawlessly.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8513
"Your Broke @ss has no first hand experience with these amps, so don't act like you would know Bobby.

Polo.. "

Yea, I'm sorry, not everyone can afford a single 15'' sub, a 2000 GTP(?) and a DD amplifier. I'm sorry that I'm not rich like you my local friend :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4718
Everything I have is paid for, bought outright with someone elses money. I can afford what I want and what I have is what I have chosen. I do not comment on anything I don't have experience with, which these days isn't much. So say what you want, I would put my single 15 up against anything you have and anyone who truely knows me, would say the same. If you had 4 2400's that would be good for one amp, double that for a strapped pair of the above amp. Polo.

BTW- I am also semi-retired at the age of 36 so I will take that over bling anyday. :-O

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8514
So many seconds in a burp running a 56 hz test tone could I get out of one of these amplifiers since you seem to know them so well? Also, what is your current setup doing on the termlab with the sensor on the dash and sealed up? I'm guessing you must be in the 150s from the way you talk.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4719
I have never once bragged and like you are not into SPL, but run daily. As a daily I am telling you that two 2400's are not enough, that is a fact. I have a BatCap 8400 backed up by two 2200s and that has kep the drop to minimal. I have seen people running these amps in comps and they chew a lot of current especially on a 12V system, 16V a little more forgiving but not by much. I don't need to measure my setup not that important to me. Oh and BTW smart @ss your questions are stupid because there are to many veriables if I would have given you and answer I would look more stupid than you look right about NOW!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17727
"BTW- I am also semi-retired at the age of 36"

I'm also 36. Semi-retired?

Fagggot.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8515
"your questions are stupid because there are to many veriables if I would have given you and answer I would look more stupid than you look right about NOW!"

I don't know, it's pretty hard to look more stupid than me, pretty f uckin hard isn't it? You're doing a fine job though!

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4720
Well Paul my goal for full retirement was 35, so I am falling behind. Just remember flash is good for the "moment" but overall flash costs cash which takes away from you overall wealth. Instead of having one giant house I have three smaller ones in different locations, more diversified (sp). I got a lot of breaks in my life and I am happy with it. I say semi-retired because I am wayyy to young to sit by and watch time pass me up. Funny my GTP was my first new car and has 78K on it so I feel no need to trade it in even though I would like a new car, but I would only cut into that one also hehehe. BRB gotta go sniff some more Polyester Resin fumes, good for ya,,, :-O Polo.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17730
Fagggot.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 521
lol woooo where did the heart of this thread go, polo look man sorry but i dont think you know wat im asking Rob does tho, im not gonna be running these things full power daily.... it blow my car apart and my car is a big time show car so cant have that. now i think an equivlent(SP) of 530 amp alt, 4ish batts size of 2400 is i do 12v and wat ever big battery if i go 16v prolly group 31's and 250+ 1/0 will do jus fine for a burp

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4722
I know D, sorry but4 batteries won't do on a strapped pair for SPL which would probably be seeing .35 or lower. Do the math, at over 1000++ amps draw how long do you think they would last and at what voltage? Now I remember your car, that T bird with the pretty paint, I would get a different car, you will mess something up it is inevitable (sp)with such prettiness lOl. Polo...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4723
Hey just go here and ask your questions... Polo.> http://forum.soundpressure.com/

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 522
y there?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4726
Because Rob isn't there. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 523
lol do you have a SN? i got some ?'s bout the 16v setup

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8517
"Because Rob isn't there. Polo.. "

Actually, I've been a member there for a while now.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4728
"Actually, I've been a member there for a while now."

Don't know why you still haven't learned anything lOl. Now I am starting to wonder if you actually own anything. Funny you have never posted pic of anything you owned except for that old crap amp you had I think... Polo..

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8519
http://www.putfile.com/pic/6290949

http://www.putfile.com/pic/6290948

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7539833

This last one isn't mine but I took that picture at World Finals :-) Polo, why do you have to be so retarded at times? It's not a big deal but most people here know what I've owned and why does it matter? Quit trying to act like you're better than everyone or as if people can't afford a decent system because even if you are better and own better or more expensive things I don't think that makes you any less of a douchebag and it doesn't make you seem any cooler.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8521
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfyv8UW3olY

It's old, short and over quickly just like you Polo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2068
D-Money, you'll have enough power to run them for a burp :-)

That sums it up.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3860
man d money i would may have went with th 2 240 amp altys though. usually 200-280 amps max have a higher idle rating then a 300 amp max. mech man alternators do 250 max,but 150 at idle. which is what matters more.www.mechman.com unless you are just using them to recharge after bats are dispersed.
you sure all this will fit in your cougar? haha.
500.1 is a beast of an amp. ive heard of people burping at .35 all day with these cute lil amps. is there a certain class you are building for?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4730
"It's old, short and over quickly just like you Polo"

Funny Rob I mean Bobby, it isn't what yo mom says! BTW she told me to call you Bobby... Polo.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8523
Tell her I said hi Polo, haven't seen or talk to her in a good 6 months now.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4734
That's ok Rob, I haven't talked to my mom in years (Jerry Springer sh!t) and out of the blue she asked me if I would stand up in her 4th wedding ahahhahha, you gotta be sh!tting me! Now I know I was adopted... :-O Polo.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 525
thanks hunterw and nick lol, imma check in to the mechman alts tho 150 amp at idle watt lol thats y i was doing lik a 300 and then lik a 200- 240 for idel output

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3864
300 amp altys will do like 90 at idle. if you want to get loud d money...focus on your box. one of the most important parts of the system. trust me. I thought well if I go big with power ill be super loud. I was way off. key to doing over 150s is a good box design. dedication to that will get you louder then shear power and cone area will

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 526
yea ik but i couldnt compete with a guyin doing 153's when i jus got 2 L7 15's an 2 zx1000.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us