New Mag preorder

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6394
for anyone interested. opens this weds., the 30th.

"You will be able to place your pre-order through the Mag web page or the Order Online web page. You will only be to order a Mag on the Mag web page. You can order a Mag and a Sundown amplifier combo on the Order Online web page."

and so everyone knows, there is no price difference on preorder and regular price, still $249 shipped. just assures you get one if you get in on the preorder.

j/w but who alls getting one?

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 320
won't everyone get one if they want? im just guessing, but chances are even if you dont go with the preorder, you will still be able to get a mag lol. and, you will be able to hold onto your money longer which is always a good thing.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6395
i was just letting everyone know. and it was posted they may sell out quickly and people that don't get one on the preorder may have to wait awhile longer.

Silver Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 129
doubt many people with get one, not with this flooded market and all these other great subs out or coming out.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 321
yeah, that's what i was thinking matt.

and my comment wasnt really to you ctmike. i know you're just getting the information out to people. i just feel like companies just have preorders to help pay for some of the production costs, and really have no intention of even coming close to selling out anytime soon. which is what im sure the case will be with si.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10099
What other subs are about to come out Matt?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21904
thanks for the info ctmike. will be ordering one to try out.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6396
i don't think that's the case with si gibson. si isn't a large company (like kicker, jl, etc.), i can see the mag selling out. look at there 8" sub they had preorders' for, they sold out, and quick.

i'm also curious as to what other new subs are coming out mat.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 130
Yanks Fan:
Rusty at SC just put his new LVL4Xl on the market
JL just put out there new W5
Terra has his new Cascade Line coming out
Jacob has a new Sundown SPL based sub
Nick at IA just put out the DRs
Scott just put out his new BTLs not to long ago
Mark at Mach 5 just released his 15s not to long ago

theres so many great companies out there putting out to similar of products, I have nothing against them and please dont take this as me bashing on the new mag but its nothing special in my eyes.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 322
it's possible mike...i just have a feeling that won't be the case with the new mags. we will see soon enough though.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4400
I agree with Matt, although great is not a word I would use for most of these. There are far too many "me-too" subwoofer companies out there. I don't want to mention any particular brands because most of the people here know how I feel about this and I am tired of getting in arguments. The true innovators (TC, DD, RE/Fi, JL, RF, JBL) will always rise to the top, and this holds true in every industry.

While it can be argued that more brands in the marketplace creates an atmosphere where prices are driven down due to competition, it also creates confusion and false-worship of lesser brands by the uneducated. This leads to an opposite effect where superior brands are forced to charge more for their products to create a "premium brand status" (e.g. Lexus, Acura, DD, JL) and also because the imitators dilute the market and weaken sales. It is a sort of natural selection, in that stupid people end up with inferior products, and I just don't feel as much need as I once did to steer them in the right direction. It is kind of like trying to save baby seals from the sharks -- no matter what you do -- in the end, the sharks always win... as nature intended.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1209
i agree with brad haha. for sq it seems tc and jl will win, and dd will win for spl. there are lots of other great subwoofers, but those seem to be the benchmark.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 323
those are very general statements. you can try to argue overall those companies have the best sq, or spl. but you cant argue if you want spl dd is the best choice everytime, or jl or tc is the best choice for every sq application.

all good brands, but i think that statement is a little too general.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1211
find a better sql woofer than the lms ultra. find a subwoofer louder than the z series

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 324
umm do you think dd holds every spl world record???

until they do, dd you cant say is the best spl choice everytime.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10100
While the z and lms are both incredible in their respective areas, put them in a horrid install and you wont get the results your looking for. It takes a lot more than the sub to be loud or sound good. Spl guys will use the z because its been proven of how loud that sub can be if the time is taken to have a good install. Just because you can afford it doesnt mean you will be loud with it

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 133
You can swap out Alan's Z in his Volvo with any other SPL oriented sub in its class, SS XXX, Treo CXT, Powerbass 4XL, Cactus, T3 TSNS. Any of those 4inch coil subs will hit in the same number range.

Same goes with the LMS ultra. With less power and in a smaller setup I highly doubt you could tell the difference between an LMS and a IDMAX, or even a W7. The minut difference are not audible to the human ear so stop acting like you guys can tell the difference.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3775
$249 preorder $249 regular what the fu(k.

I heard somewhere that Alan will be using T3 Audio TSNS subs.(but could be wrong)

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 157
I have to say I wasnt to impressed with the TSNS's my buddy has 6 and I watch all 6 of them fail in under a matter of a few seconds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us