Clarion DXZ585USB

Bronze Member
Username: Konruff2010

Pinedale, Wyoming United States

Post Number: 19
i need help figuring out how to hook up the cd changer in it cause no one is answering me on my one on disc changers...any help!!!!!

Username: Antidestro

Post Number: 2
explain... you need to hook up a cd changer to your head unit? If so then you just plug your RCA from the head unit to the (im guessing) 6 disc changer, power to power, ground it anywhere, and remote wire... there you go! or just use the money to buy an ipod...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
okay it only came with one cord Upload and idk how come it wont work and yes its a 6 disk changer
if you can figure out wht i might be missin or whatever much thanx...i have more pix if you give me like an email or something i can send them to you

Post Number: 7
okay that must plug into the changer... what is on the other end of that cord? Also, what is the make and model of the 6 disc changer?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1385
thats a serial type plug thats on the back of certain headunits i believe it's called ISB LINK. i know for a fact pioneers use them and i think most aplines to but u gotta buy a mid range headunit anything low browe is not going to have that input.

Post Number: 8
My old alpine and my cousins pioneer that I just installed don't have those female plugs... my alpine was the top of 2006, and my cousin is a pretty expensive 07 model! So maybe it is just certain models? Since that is the case, you will either have to buy a new changer, head unit, or iPod...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
tht is wht it looks like on both ends of the cord i would show you were it plugs in the changer but the photo is to big for this site and its a brand new changer and a new deck so idk wht to do if you gave me an email i would send you all the pix of it so you might be able to figure out how to help me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
and its a Clarion ProAudio DCZ625

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1389
alright i got your problem solved and it's simple as hell. u just plug the unit into the back of the radio using that plug it's on the back of the radio. below is links to manuals to both and images of the back of the headunit so i know it will work.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2008/audio/source_units/cd/DXZ585USB/us-en -product-pf_1172385079010.html

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/360/854/DCZ625,16.pdf

http://www.crutchfieldenespanol.com/crutchfield/enes/24/_www_crutchfield_com/S-n XgrmHPcryA/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=020CCA519

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
no it still dont work i did tht i pluged the cord into the changer and the back of the deck and it still dont work...it wont even eject my magazine

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1390
i believe ur not getting this still. it's only a data link. that changer wil need external power wired to it. idk why ur making this so extreamly complicated. read your instructions. you wire power plug it in and your done.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
it doesn't come with a power plug thts all it comes with and i pluged tht in and it still dont work trust me i'm not freakin stupid and your sayin i am

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1395
no i'm simply giving you a smart remark for the attitude you were giving me, ever think you might have a dead unit? next you asked where the plug went and didn't even know you had it on the back of your own haeadunit. also if you bothered to read the links i posted you might see also the changer needs to be set to a certain channel to communicate. the manual dosen't specify power needs. i have hooked up many of these data link type units for ipods and so on. they all need power. it's rare to have any that use the headunit for power. i'm not calling you stupid but when u acted p'd off to me and give no answrs other then help and it dosent work, where do i plug this where do you think i should tell you to plug it? obviously if the data link is not working, the radio is not needed to be put in a cd changer mode to enable it or power is not needed to run the changer or even the changer it'sself settings need to be changed. you have hit nothing else but the fact your unit might be dead. go to your dealer and ask them, don't cry in my ear about saying your stupid. try reading.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
okay and i'm far from pissed off on any of those i'm just irritated by you sayin all this crap when i've tryed eveything and knew where all this went and it still didn't work but thanx for your useless help

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1397
blah, blah, go to your dealer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us