Old system installed into my new car

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 87
ok so my car isn't new, its a 5-speed 2000 Nissan Altima but it gets the job done. after squeezing the box (which i finally sealed with silicone caulking) into my trunk i was planning on firing them towards the front of the car and turn the phase shift to 180 but i honestly could not get the box back out/turn it around. this time i am not using the bass boost on my amp and i have the gain turned about 2/3 the way up.

everything (HU, Amp, Subs) was in my old car when i totalled it and it seems the HU is the only thing that came out partially damaged. the face plate is stuck in the open position, as if its ready for a cd to be inserted, but it still performs fine. i'm guessing the wreck must have thrown off the gears? i had to take out the back 6x9's cause they were PYLE(of sh!t) and i am just gonna stick 2 front speakers.

if you know of a quality pair of 6.5" components that get loud for around $180 or less please let me know. something that will sound fine being powered just by the HU for now until i decide to get a 2-channel amp for them.

I'll try posting pics of the new install if i ever get my laptop fixed

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 90
bump, please help a brotha out?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us