Audiopulse revo.....stavenmist

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21795
hey wassup. just a little heads up on the revo.

you know i tried it in many boxes to see the various results. i thought my dislike in some music was due to my box having small port area. well i was wrong. i put it in a box with 2 4inch aero and its basically the same thing.

then i took the ports out and made the box sealed over the weekend. so its in a 3.8 cuft sealed. let me just say it really came alive and plays really flat.

so my conclusion to this sub is that it needs a big box. for ported i would say at least 4.5cuft. for best results i would say 5 cuft if going ported.

try it out steve. after you build your box, take a listen. then plug the port and take another listen. you will see what i mean.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 625
so the 15" revo? i was talking to Exige about maybe getting one last night. But ima try to win the $100 off in the auction first ;). what is your final decision about what u liked more? ported or sealed? as always thanks ChadLee.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 307
Yep, it is nothing like a Flat Response. LOL

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21796
yeah the 15

i haven't tried it in a huge ported box so i don't know. but so far it sounds aweesome in a big sealed box. i finally got the sound i want out of this sub and you know how picky i am. lol.

i would say go sealed if you can't build a big ported box in your car. if you can get a 5 cuft ported box in your car then get a ported.

another thing i have noticed about a big sealed box is that it gets deep but doesn't lose the tightness. not sure if you know what i mean lol.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2478
Yea, I just started building the box yesterday. It's gonna be 3.8cf w/52.5sq inches of port area. I'll see how it goes. I'll try plugging the port and if I like it better sealed then maybe I'll just build a sealed box. Thanks for the update.:-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21797
depending of the type of music you listen to, your ported box will be good i think. for me i am very picky. it has to sound good on all music i listen to. lol. i am very picky and an@l retentive.

i am just excited cause i got the perfect sound i was after. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2009
Chad, there is no telling how many times I have heard you say that you have got the perfect sound that you've always wanted lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21803
ok nick i'll rephrase that.

i am just excited cause i got the perfect sound for now.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 142
Chad winz.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21819
lol cozce. i never win against nick.

anyways steve try it both ways and see which way you like. one thing is for sure is that this sub is a beast in a sealed.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4369
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 251
so let me get this right.. because YOU cant design/build a good ported box everyone else should go sealed? ok:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
also, a random person told me you suck holden dik? is this true? not that i know or care, i was just supposed to ask. dont kill the messanger

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21826
it ain't like that visitor. its hard to get the right design with the limited space i have. i just can't get the cuft.

now i wasn't telling everyone to go sealed. if they got the space to get the right box then by all means port it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21827
lol trying to start some sh!t i see.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9957
Chad I thought you said the two 4 inch aero ports gave 20 hz more upper extension and sounded tighter than the slot port and it was the 36 hz port tune you didnt like because it didnt drop to 32 hz like you were used to. I still say try that 32 hz port tune with the 4 inch aero ports and it will sound good with more upper extension than the slot port.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21830
well its too late now sean. the revo is sold. i want to try out some 10s now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9958
Will you be able to give the tens the airspace you need to get that 32 hz tune you like.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
You decide which 10's you're gettin chadly?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21833
yeah sean i will be able to build the box with all the necessary air space and port area i need to get the best sound possible.

cozce you'll find out in a week.

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Damnit chad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9959
I was curious what your buying too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
not trying to start stuff man. i was just asking as i was told:-) i could care less if you like kevin.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4379
^^^ couldn't*

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10083
Or could he care less.....

Think about it.

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 174
chad in the end how would you rate the revo?and visitor i think your friend is a h0m0 if they scared to ask chad on their own its a forum what harm could really happen to them

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21838
the revo is awesome. i just don't have to proper space to get the full potential for this. only regret is i should of got the 12.

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
no brad, i COULD care less:-) there is an iota of care there. and john.. im sure my friend cares what john quist thinks of him:-)i know i spend my minutes wondering.

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 176
pleez dont wonder about me i dont want my name mixed in with thoughts of a man givin another man head and what ever else you and your friend fantasize about
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us