OT burning dvds

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 762
how can i burn dvds?.. i have lime wire on my computer and i can download music videos and all but how can i burn them onto a dvd-r?? or a dvd+r

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 132
u gotta have a burning program like nero or sumthin and also be careful downloading videos on limewire sometimes they have no sound or contain viruses

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 847
get a bit torrent program
get the program "convertxtodvd3"
go to www.torrentz.com
download what u want
open it in convert to dvd 3 and it will convert the movie to dvd format and burn it also

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 764
cool thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1871
"be careful downloading videos on limewire sometimes they have no sound or contain viruses"

Fail. Video formats themselves can not extract viruses. It will only extract the virus (if it contains one) if it is in an executable format. You have to be some idiot to open a file called: "Girls Gone Wild 2.exe" thinking that its a video lol

Silver Member

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 133
when i try to download some stuff on limewire my security pops up sayin it has a trojan downloader or sumthin and it is when i download songs.i wouldnt mind executing some girls gone wild

Gold Member

Post Number: 1872
Haha John. The virus will not extract and install itself tho if it is in a video or audio format.

A little computer lesson for yall :p

Silver Member

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 134
thanx nick i was worried about that stuff i thought it was gonna destry my cpu

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7822
" Fail. Video formats themselves can not extract viruses. It will only extract the virus (if it contains one) if it is in an executable format. "

You fail at calling out fails :-)

There have been several exploits in various video formats that use licenses or codecs the the player prompts you to download.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1874
But the virus is a codec itself. WMP will ask you if you want to download the codec first.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4186
That was alot nicer of a reply than I anticipated Nick. Anyone who uses WMP deserves multiple virii and worms anyway.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1875
Lol. The default windows codecs will not execute a virus. There really isn't anything to worry about.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7824
" But the virus is a codec itself. WMP will ask you if you want to download the codec first. "

Fail again..... the default setting (at least in the current version of WMP 11 is to have "download codecs automatically" enabled. It will only prompt you if you disable that.

I'm a network technician, I deal with this crap on a daily basis........

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 285
Go here to buy a cheap workable copy of nero http://www.ellsworthband.com./index.php?target=search

Gold Member

Post Number: 1876
"Fail again..... the default setting (at least in the current version of WMP 11 is to have "download codecs automatically" enabled. It will only prompt you if you disable that."

Now that is a fail.

In the last few installs of WMP 11 that i have used on a few computers, the default settings has always prompted me that there was a codec that needed to be downloaded.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7827
Upload

Just for you I installed WMP with the default settings on my windows machine.

In fact, the exploits of WMP in codecs and licenses are what has led us to install VLC and disable WMP on all windows images.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1878
That's weird M.S. I just opened WMP 11 on mine and my gf's gateway laptops running vista and that option was unchecked.

I asked my friend Scott is who also running the same laptop as me and his was unchecked too by default.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7831
On every fresh install I've done it's enabled....... but that gets me thinking, this is win xp corporate (xp pro with some minor differences behind the scenes and no activation). Makes me wonder if there is a difference. I doubt it though.

Another possibility could be that these installs are from an older windows CD, and then updates are done, maybe WMP had that enabled by default in a previous version and carried over the settings. Thats a theory I don't care to test spend time testing though since it doesn't matter to me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1879
Yeah, that is extremely weird. There has to be a difference somewhere. I prefer Winamp anyday :p

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7832
Winamp for audio yea....... I don't care for its video interface though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us