TROY JONES.......READ

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21404
wassup man.

with the power and juice you have in your ride, me and jake papa were talking. jake papa says you should add another 4 btl 18s and make an isobaric box tuned to 30hz.

i think it would be sick if you did that.

DO IT!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2908
You might not even have to change boxes...idk what the curve would look like in WINisd but think about it. When i did it to my 4 15s i had a +3.7dB jump at 35hz.

And you might be the 1st person ever to run 8 18s daily...hah.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 941
Extra weight, extra $2000, would have to find 4 older gen BTL's same specs, less visibility out the rear view mirror, would need more amps and beefier charging system, or a recone to every sub so he can get the full 16000 RMS still.

I like the idea, just don't think it's as practical as we all wish it would be :-(

Also, for a jump in dB, he just needs to be able to get the full power out of the amps and to stop the car from flexin so damnn much lol.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9626
yeah the cost alone was enough for me to say its not worth it and I didnt even think of the ohm load scenario

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21406
"Extra weight, extra $2000, would have to find 4 older gen BTL's same specs, less visibility out the rear view mirror, would need more amps and beefier charging system, or a recone to every sub so he can get the full 16000 RMS still."

he has a suv. whats 500lbs more.
finding older btl won't be that hard.
he can get rear view camera that is on constantly. its like someone having a wall but you will get to see outside through the middle still.
get a isolator and run his amps at a higher volt. like 16v. his amps will really come alive then and he can run those below recomended ohm load with that kinda voltage.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21407
but honestly do jake and i think troy will do it? i doubt it. but we can dream can't we?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17123
"he has a suv. whats 500lbs more. "

1/4 ton that's what lol. Gas is $4+/gal.

I notice the difference in my gas mileage by just removing my tools from my truck.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21409
lol paul. don't turn this in to another gas price thread. lol.

btw this morning i paid $5.09 a gal.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17126

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2911
Haha shut down chadly. Oh well.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 146
haha. as it is his rear suspension is being pushed. the extra weight would not only kill mileage but probably force him into bags or some kind of lift. rearview camera is just another expense that im sure troy doesnt want to pay.

dont take this the wrong way guys id love to see it just as much as you. its just too unrealistic really.

and colby is right about the flex.. that is whats really killing him right now. we both tried to stop the rear hatch but it just turns your ams into jello

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6027
so why are yall answering like you are him? just wondering.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
im not trying to answer for him. im just trying to mention what i know because ive helped him a couple times and after the trouble hes had and money hes spent trying to get to where he is i dont think he wants to do that kind of upgrade this soon.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9891
Colby and Alex both live close to Troy and have heard his truck numerous times so my guess is they know how Troy feels on the subject.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
yeah that pretty much sums it up

btw happy birthday yanks

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9892
Thanks bud. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 942
"Colby and Alex both live close to Troy and have heard his truck numerous times so my guess is they know how Troy feels on the subject."

Yeah that pretty much says it. Not speaking for Troy, just giving you my opinion on it. You guys idea is good and it would make a great system even better, but I just don't see it happening.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 463
That system is sick just the way it is.....

<---jealous

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21429
honestly me or jake didn't think he would do it when we made this thread. it was just a fun idea to throw out cause if anyone could do this, it would be troy.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1401
I would love to do that. At 1500 Rpm voltage usually sits at 15.5-16 and I really done don't want to haveTo charge batts or anything. If you guys could help get the matching subs I'd do it lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
well sh1t......

i stand corrected

Gold Member

Post Number: 1402
Well I doubt anyone wants to spend the money to buy me new btls. Even after selling the old ones in order to get one ohm for daily I'd need another 2500. I really wouldn't mind an extra few db down the road but right now Alex and Colby are right that I don't want to spend the money right now. I like it though. Sorry for misspelled crap I'm on my phone out of town.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1403
Also my vehicle would hate me for the extra weight. I think it would get by- but not happily
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us