Alpine Speaker Install, Help

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 196
Hey all,
I recently bought a couple 6x9 alpine type "S" speakers to replace my stock Saab Bose 6x9's

What ive found though is that obviously the Alpine 6x9's do not come with the stock hookup which fits this....
Upload

What i need to know is what i need to do to make it so i can hook up the new 6x9's which have the bottom like this (sorry its so blurry took w. cellphone)
Upload

anyways i was curious if i would just snip the connection on the special thing [show above] which would leave me with just wire.....and then i would use the given wires which connect to the prongs and attach those to each separate wire...

Would this work?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4070
yes. it will work. just stay with the same wire codes. you should have a solid and a solid with a stripe wire. Use the solid as positive, and the one with the stripe as ground on both speakers.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 197
alright great....i figured it was that easy but just wanted to make sure :-) thanks

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4072
btw, you may need to reverse the wires, it all depends on what the facory ground is. If you got a dmm, probe them and see waht goes to ground, also on the ols speaker, sometimes the Pos is a bigger terminal and /or is marked.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6454
-Go the the12volt.com and look up your car's wiring code.

-Get some female spades, wire stripper, and crimper.

-Connect.

/problem

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 198
yep, it all worked out thanks :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us