How To Install Help?

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 187
Hey, so i just got my new anl fuse holder in the mail today. I am looking to install it under the hood and have all the parts.... problem is ive never installed this before and my last install under the hood was not done by me.... using these pictures and your knowledge would you mind telling me a step by step as to how to install such as disconnect battery if i have to etc.... ThanksUpload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 171
disconnect the negative terminal on the battery. make sure you move it far enough away that it cant get close to the battery.

it's too blurry to see, but then connect the positive wire that you see in your engine to the anl fuse. you have to loosen those screw on the anl fuse, push the stripped wire in, then tighten them.

then do the same thing with the red wire you have with the ring terminal on it.

then connect the right terminal to your battery.

then connect the negative wire back to your battery.

one problem i see is with the power wire in your engine bay. it should reach closer to your battery. make sure the fuse is within a foot of your battery. any longer than that and things can get a little dangerous.

also, secure the fuse and wire to some safe place in the engine. make sure it's away from all moving parts.

if you have any questions let me know. but there should be plenty of pictures online that you can look at.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 188
i guess my question would be how to connect the wire to the pos on the battery then...sorry its so blurry, best i could do using a cellphone camera.........in other words how do i connect the ring terminal to the pos bat?

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 189
and it is close enough, i measured to a ft on the dot:-)

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 173
this is what it will look like.

just doing a better job of routing the wire than this guy did. doesn't look real safe to me, but you get the idea of how it should all fit together.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/260732.jpg

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 174
i bought a battery terminal from knukonceptz to connect my power wire to the battery. That's the best way of doing it.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 190
yeah hes got his wire going through all sorts of stuff i wouldent trust to stay still.......

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 175
and just to let you know...that install picture was one rovin from here posted hehehe.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7707
Gibson's instructions are right on. As for your question,

" how do i connect the ring terminal to the pos bat? "

If your battery has top posts you need one of these:

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Phoenix%20Gold%20International%20Inc/Phoenix%20Gol d/TMC-24G.aspx?s=froogle

Then you would need to put ring terminals on the stock wires if they don't have it already.

If it has side terminals you need one of these:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=2243

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8233
I find this thread a bit scary =/ Anyhow, don't be afraid to work on things just remember to be VERY careful when working with power wires and don't leave tools laying around that can cause shorts or wear dangling jewelery or rings when working with any sort of electricity.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 191
lol, sorry to scare you Rob....i know what im doing with electricity (going for electrical engineering currently at URI) but i was unsure as to how to connect to the battery initially because i didnt realize im supposed to use the clamed teminal end and screw it in..... took me about 2 seconds to get this all done once i realized it so thank you all for your help :-) i am now bumping with 0 gauge wire XD
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us