This sucks....

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 959
i just needed to vent started my door pods and the hardener was too old and never set so i wasted about 25 bucks in materials and a lot of time but i decided im not gonna do pods im just gonna glass it straight into the panel so maybe its for the best since it will look better pics coming soon

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4543
Post a pick maybe someone will have ideas? polo.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3961
I would do pods. Depends on how your going to fiberglass it onto the door though.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4544
Upload

This is the way my factory speakers were. If you look there is a pocket of volume there and once I removed it I made a fiberglass enclosure that bolted to the door and mounted the driver to the door panel. When the panel was put on it sealed up the enclosure worked flawelessly just took a while to figure it out lot of trial and error lOl.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Sorry what I didn't take a pic of was all the prep work it took for the back of the panel and glassing in a MDF ring which due to the space restraint could only be 1/2" plus a 1/4" birch ring painted black right under the driver on top. I did this to further Isolate the driver from the plastic. Hope this at least gives you an idea... Polo.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 960
ya thats what im doing is what polo did got the first layer of brand new glass on it and it hardened thank god so maybe it will work out after all lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us