Now, Decisions on a Sub

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 189
So car situation is pretty much taken care of, but now subbage. Im thinking maybe 1 15" or 2 12". which do you think would be better? im not looking for amazing SQ or anything, and i will prolly be running around 1200-1500rms. reasonable budget, nothing outrageous. dont want to spend no more than 500 on subs, but would perfer to stay in the range of like 250-350ish. but here is what im currently looking at:

TC [Audiopulse] Revo [1 15"]
RE Audio MX [1 15"]
RE Audio SE [2 12"]
Digital Design 3515 [1 15"]
DC Sounds Level 4 [1 15"]
Fi.Q [1 12"]
Fi.Q [1 15"]
Soundsplinter Rl-S12 [1 12"]
Soundsplinter RL-P12 [2 12"]
Audioque SDC2.5 [2 12"]
Audioque HDC3 [1 15"]
Audioque HDC3 [2 12"] {Maybe}

So I'm not limiting myself to that, thats just what im kinda currently looking at. I want it to sound clean, lows arnt ultra important to me [I listen to rock/alt/metal...double bass =)] and want it to be loud. Would like the box to stay at or under 3cu. ft. I have an idea of pricing on these subs, but not exact. If you could help me find something that I would like, and im not all that picky. Personally I think my 2 10" Type-S I put in a little junker sounds great. That's how simple I am. Yeah. So any reason I should count one of those out? or is there something better in my price range? Also, ported or sealed boxes? Those Type-S sound great in sealed, and the box isnt big at all...and I like that. But how would the sub sound different in a sealed vs. ported. I know each sub is different =/

Thanks though.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 524
Lots of good choice ( i would toss out the Q since you say lows arent important)

I'd also say get the 15" AQ HDC or Revo

Go ported unless space is an issue

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5879
I would do an RL-S 15".

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1540
Never heard any AQ subs, but I would scratch them if SQ is your goal. Actually I haven't heard any of the subs in person on this list lol. I have heard some good things about the SE's sealed and the RL-S's are suppose to be awesome.

Maybe a a single spider RD alpha?
1 old SI mag or 2 new ones.
RD classics
SSA Icon (suppose to play similar to the Q)

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 948
RL-s 15" x2!!! IT will R@PE the lows!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us