Neon

Bronze Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 63
haha. i love bein a pest :D I've got 4 15" tubes of music sensitive LED/Neon lights in the mail, Should be here by the end of the weekend. I've got the 12V battery to hook them up to if im right. But does the battery need room to breathe, Because ive gotta small cubby looking glove compartment it fits in perfectly. But the thing is the battery breathing from inside a glove compartment. Or does it not have to?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16607
Two things.

1. LED or neon. They're two different things. Not that it matters lol.

2. The 12v battery is either a lead acid or sealed gel cell battery. Either way are you just throwing a 12v battery into your glove compartment powering the tubes? What's charging the battery? Why don't you connect the tubes to your car's 12v battery?

I wouldn't be sticking any 12v battery in my own glove compartment.

Am I confused or need another beer lol?

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 329
i just read this and i think i need more vodka lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16613
Yuuuuup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
lmao. LED. and i just unlocked my truck. the battery says "Non-Spillable" Its a rechargable 12V battery. Kind you buy at walmart. And of course the super safe label "This product contains or emits chemicals known in the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. California Propisition 65." lmao.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16618
Please don't put it in your glove box.

And all 12v batteries are rechargeable. If not we'd all be buying batteries every couple of days.

How are you charging the batt again?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1827
Steven I dont think u understand that the battery doesnt just last forever... U have to charge it... How is it going to be charged in ur glove compartment...?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
lmao. my bad andrizzle. and yeah, that part. im working on it. xD kinda trying to find a way. and btw. i cant, measured and it wont fit, only sideways in the glove compartment. so i may stick it under a seat.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2395
just hook it up to an existing 12v wire in ur car...u dont have to put in another battery or anything. its not that hard

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1667
Use an "Add a circuit" from Auto zone or some auto place and use it to tap into an existing 12v line in your fuse panel. It's very easy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHzVPvwI88&NR=1

you shall listen to music and calm down. i have realized my stupidity :D lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
and paul. I love you D: lol. i have a charger i bought from the store for it. not sure how it works yet xD still havent opened it.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2159
That.^ Or, you can "ghetto rig" it and put the wire wrapped around the fuse and then plug it in.Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
rofl staven. staven > steven. Coincidence, i think not. xD

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2160
My names Steve.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
no sh*t? mine too. or at least i go by steve. xD

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1230
umm i feel like i just lost 50 iq points reading this. leds are low power they require very little power to run. they have been wired in a way to run off 12 volts due to most leds only taking 1.5 volts to run each one. so even if you load the hell out of your car with like 4 - 8 of these tubes they will stil run fine off the existing system in your car. as your being told just hook them up to your car return all the other crap you bought. just run them normally off your cars power they will run fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
"just run them normally off YOU cars power they will run fine." i only lost 10 iq points. just call it even keith :D ha. jk bro. and yeah. i will.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us