Window tinting

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2388
is it hard to do urself? cause i work at kmart and i saw a roll of 5% for 12.99 and i was thinking about trying it casue a shop in madison wants to charge me $350+ for tinting

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 727
What kind of vehicle do you have?
My impala cost me $180.00

Silver Member
Username: Dirtrider125

Post Number: 133
the kind at kmart and walmart usually suck i tried it before and it cost me $200 for a impala to

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 SI Mag9.1=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 587
IMO 5% is way too dark...I like 25-35% tinting is not all that hard, but it takes practice to get it right. It will be tough to it right the first time you it. Trim it first.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2389
i have a 2008 Nissan Versa

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 902
lol your alls shops sucks its only going to cost me about 100 to 120 to tint my windows

Silver Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 162
yeah here u get windows tinted $20/window

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16564
I've done it b4. Wasn't a nightmare. I remember using soapy water and a sharp razor. Then the DMV made me pull it off.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 890
350???? WTF my friend got his suburban done for 160!!!! 20% all the way around

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2116
Paul got PWNED by the DMV LMFAO hahaha

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1820
I wish I knew how to tint. I was charged $160 for 25% all around. Seems like an easy job, just practice of course.

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 174
120 for 10% all the way around a focus zx3 i used to have. damn good job too. illegal for my state as well. cash, no receipt. pulled over for speeding once, never said a word about it.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 728
they want way to much. If you do it yourself you can get some really good tint from ebay for like $20 and depending on who you buy from some of them are cut specifically for your car

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5055
damn.. going price here is $20 per window..

I got my whole car done in 20% for $100 with lumar .. I have 7 windows to tint too

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 176
well cheap tint may look good to start. but it will eventually turn purple, bubble, or peel. mine, 120 for 10% all the way around is guarenteed not to bubble, turn purple, or peel. and if for any reason something happened to any of the windows, even due to my fault, he would replace it free of charge.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 904
well all the place i know down here that to it for cheap i have seen past work and it hasnt done any of that stuff no purple or bubbles or peeling.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2391
ya i have like 9 windows but i thought it was a lot too. its the only place i got a quote from though.
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2138
I hate when they add the little triangle windows as a window. I was gonna get my windows tinted too, but they have a really light factory tint and for them to do it it needs to come off. They were gonna charge me a sh!t load just to take off the old stuff. They told me how I could take it off myself but I didnt wanna go thru all that trouble.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 504
Do it yourself...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Versa-Hatchback-2007-2008-Complete-Tint-Pr ecut_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ63689QQihZ021QQite mZ310049383002QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

^just a suggestion. never seen or heard of someone using a pre-cut kit...but theres a first for everything...

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2885
cost me $150 to get 5% wrapped on my 4dr s-10 Blazer. guaranteed never turn purple, peel, or bubble. it also is their "top quality tint"

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2577
I do it myself. Stay away from walmart/advanced/napa tint. It starts out purple compared to good tint. I do it myself and its about $6 per window. It took me about 3-4 times to get it down but once you figure it out, charge your friends to do theirs. haha

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2081
my blazer come tinted.thieves what ur email i wanna ask u somethang

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2890
you got mail chris

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 384
watch what kind of film it is! metalic, non metalic, carbon, titanium.
u prolly want something that is nonmetalic like the carbon or titanium. all films are not the same. i would call around and see who has warranties too. most places have life time.

don't get computer cut either and i wouldn't do it myself. i watch the people do my car and i wouldn't try to do that, i have seen what it looks like when some one screws up and its bad. haha and funny.
find some place good and get custom cut with a life time warranty

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2579
benjamin. you say you wouldnt do it yourself but my shop quoted me 75 to do the front windows on my jeep and after my trial and error, it cost me $36 and 6 attempts untill I got it down and now I make money off of other people. defiantly worth trying it. not like you can permanatly screw anything up

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9578
My little azz Scion cost me about $250 to do 20% all around.

Unless you really want to try to do it yourself, I vote for having the shop do it.

Shop around and find a lower price?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2704
Same here andrew they want 75 to match the front 2 and its 30 bucks a window after that to make it darker.

Im matching my fronts and then getting 45 or 50 on the front windshild so it makes everything look even.

Bronze Member
Username: Haydog_08

Arkansas US

Post Number: 45
i was charged 165 for 20%...and i have a 350z

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2891
yanks definitely got ripped off....

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9580
Yea but it was well worth it. Not a chance I was going to attempt it.

I'd rather pay too much and have it look good and know it will continue to look good forever and I can have it fixed for free if something happens to it, then having to do it myself and spend all that time doing it over and over until it is perfect.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2893
yeah but I got the same guarantee as you, more windows and darker tint, for $100 less, that's why I said you got ripped off yanks...

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9594
Ahh fair enough lol.

Username: Fred_the_axe_murderer

Post Number: 2
finding good tint is the trouble. just remember if you don't like that window peel it before it dries.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 906
man yal guys are getting RIPPED OFF! haha

$140 for 20% up front and 5% in the back and i got an Xterra with a lifetime warranty..

shop around and find a better deal cuz 350 is just retarded

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4060
i got 5% on my ride.... i can get 2.5% but the shop wouldnt let me bring my own tint even at the point where i told them give me no warranty and still charge me for the 5% tint.... b1tchS! its a pain to do a good job unless u take the windows out and one fold in ur tint and its Fu<k3D! so ud b better off taking it to a shop i got 8 windows done for 185$ both front\back rear window and little side windows on my cadi..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us