Dremel question

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20637
i want to buy one. should i just get the electric one or the one that uses compressor?

i was thiking if i get the one that uses a compressor, i can get some other tools too.

what's a good size compressor?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2102
compressor FTW

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 248
I like the electric one better.. It is easier to work with and is more versitle. But My air dremel is more for larger jobs. It all depends on the abuse you plan to put to it. I use both of mine A LOT!

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20638
it would be used to cut through fiberglass and door panels.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3504
id buy the electric one since i think youll be using it in the car? the electric one is easier to use because its more maneuverable and fits in those tight places better

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3505
the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1170
electric is nice but chad deff get variable speed. i used 2 and one speeds and they are a b!tch to use and break cutting wheels alot. plus make sure its a authentic one no just a sears knock off. a electric 5 -10 speed whatever speed they come in i forget. real dremal is awsome, i use mine whenever i need cutting power on small projects. but variable speed is the only way to go.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 250
you should be good with thre elecric Dremel with your projects

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2520
dont get the battery powered one for sure. it wont keep a charge for more than 10 mins of constant cutting

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4447
I don't think they make a single speed genuine Dremel. Honestly I cannot live without my Dremel and used it in every stage of car audio fabrication. Go with the XPR 400

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051& langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100609465&N=10000003+10401010

Polo..

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20640
thats a nice one polo. can that thing cut through 3/4 mdf if needed?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16388
Air compressors are awesome but unless you have a 20 gallon unit it losses pressure fast with wheels of any sort.

Electric for the win.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4981
i have an electric one that has a fully adjustable speed.. probably is my favorite tool

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16392
"it losses"

Damn I suck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4983
oh.. i'd suggest the electric but make sure you get the flex shaft.. makes getting into places that are tight way easy

i have a dremel brand with the extension.. love :-)

http://www.antonline.com/p_225-1-GP_332144.htm

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4448
Hey Chad WTF would you cut 3/4" MDF with a Dremel for, isn't that where a saw would be used? LMFAO. A Dremel is good fabricating/finish work. Yes if you really needed to you could cut MDF but I would use a regular saw for that.. JMHO. Polo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4986
ive cut MDF with a dremel and wheel.. but of course what I was cutting was a very thin line

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20643
its not like ima cut mdf with a dremel to build a box or anything. just want to know if its strong enough to cut it. also after i fabricate something and i need to make some adjustments, i might need to cut here and there where a saw won't be able to reach.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 2042
Chad i bought one when i cut my door panel. I'll let you use it if you want i won't need it until i get my speaker install in my back door.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4988
just get yourself an adjustable electric wit ha flexible shaft and call it a day :-)

pawn shop ftw :P

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20669
not too many pawn shops around here kev. i think ima just get one at home depot or lowes. i really think a dremel is a tool that can be used in many applications. doesn't always have to be about car audio stuff. its would be a good investment buying one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5003
dude youll use it for some really odd things.. i use mine for all kinds of crazy things :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us