Could I get some help please?

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 37
I am looking for some subwolfers that will deliver great bass as well as be very clear. I would also need an amp to go with them. I have around $250 to spend on both items. I would also like a respectable name to show off with. I have some Kicker CVR 12" subs in my truck that are decent but something better is always acceptable.

Any ideas, on what to get or what not to get? I like the LA1038 4 chanel amp by legacy but idk if its worth $100

thanks, silvermopar

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8919
As far as picking up a decent sounding pair of subs and and amp for 250 that would be better than your two cvrs and an amp it isnt going to happen and dont buy any legacy amps they are junk...I can probably find you an amp and one decent 12 for 250 or around there but thats it

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 38
Ok, well lets start with an amp. what would you reccomend?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8920
this amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/kicker-sx500-2-amp-new-high-end-amp-the-best-new_W0QQitemZ25 0234902178QQihZ015QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this sub and wire it to a 4 ohm mono bridged connection

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/1253/tc-sounds-12-dvc-subwoofer-buyout-at-parts -express

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 39
What you reccomended, I understand that its only around 500-600 watts but I assume that is real watts rather than the 2000 fake watts I was looking at. I like the amp but im less sure of the single sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 8921
"What you reccomended, I understand that its only around 500-600 watts but I assume that is real watts rather than the 2000 fake watts I was looking at."

correct

"I like the amp but im less sure of the single sub"

Well you wanted a clean sound with loud bass and with your budget thats the best bet

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 40
Ok, I will definatly keep that in mind. thank you for your help

Gold Member

Post Number: 8922
make sure you wire that sub up in 4 ohm to that amp because if you wire it to 1 ohm youll blow the amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 8923
your welcome

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15921
"I am looking for some subwolfers that will deliver great bass as well as be very clear. I would also need an amp to go with them. I have around $250 to spend on both items. I would also like a respectable name to show off with."

Wow is that a Christmas list lol.

Yeah that's not much money at all. Like Sean directed you'll have to go used on an amp and hope you get lucky at that. Sounds like you don't have much locally to choose from. Your profile tends to lead ppl to believe you buy all your gear in dept stores.

Just my guess.

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 41
Lol small town, 8,000 people to be exact and im more into buying form ebay normaly the prices there r the lowest

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 42
there wouldnt be a way that i could trade computers or computer parts for sound systems is there lol? My dad built about 15 computers last year as a hobby and hasnt gotten rid of them. just an idea

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 428
what amp are you currently running?

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 43
dont laugh... its a Mitzu audio Power Explosive 2000 watt 4 channel. i know its not even a popular brand but it does a good job with my kickers. im thinking of buyin another one

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15923
I would.

**Not laughing**

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1647
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-ZX750-1-CAR-AUDIO-750W-CLASS-D-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitem Z130212361342QQihZ003QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2 of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-PHOENIX-GOLD-ZR12D4-12-Car-Subwoofer-600w-DVC-Sub_W0QQit emZ200214964183QQihZ010QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and there you go, not gonna get much better than that for what you want

Gold Member

Post Number: 1648
also don't think your going to find stuff better than what i posted because its simply not going to happen

take the advice we give you

Gold Member

Post Number: 8924
"make sure you wire that sub up in 4 ohm to that amp because if you wire it to 1 ohm youll blow the amp"

4 ohms mono

Gold Member

Post Number: 1651
ohh yeah im used to 1 ohm stable amps, don't get the pair i posted i forgot the kickers are 2ohm

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 44
Well i can see that unless i go for another setup like i have im not going to get hardly anything. I think that I will wait a while... untill funds go up. I do not know what brands are good and what brands are not. I have heard that sony sucks. but i have 4 6x9s that sound great from sony. Pyramid seems to be pretty low quality but back in the day pyrmaid was pretty good. My kicker subs have been pretty impressive but i have never tried their amps. they seem rather highly priced for mid range wattage.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1654
kicker amps highly priced for wattage?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5312
this guy is an idiot. either take advice or stick to your sony and mitzu sh1t. people like you annoy me. im doubting those PGs can handle over double the power they are rated for though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1657
Reece the PG's are rated 350 rms, they would go great with 750 watts

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5316
i thought you were saying to put a 750.1 on each...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us