Noobie question

Username: 334ballin

Post Number: 6
well i decided to hook my door speakers to my 400w 2/3/4 channel amp but once i did this there was no music no nothing but i kno for a fact the speakers wrk and the amp was im pretty sure all hooked up right.. but iono wats wrong and i need yalls help..

so basically i need to kno the correct way to hoook an amp to speakers and have music come out of them..

Bronze Member
Username: Mattyv1990

Melbounre, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 11
ok its suprisenly easy
1. connect each speaker on the door to a channel on the amp in you case its a 4 channel amp so conect each speaker to channel one and two
2. now connect the amp to the headunit this is usally done by rca cables if your head unit it recent then it should have inputs at the back sot he rca cable go straight in
3. while your at the head unit you have to connect a remote cord to your amp again your headunit should have a spot for this cord but if it doesnt what i find is that the remote cord for the actual headunit is blue and should be labled splice into that and run a cable to your amp in the spot that will be marked rmt or something similar it would be next to your postive and ground terminals
4. once that is done connect the positive wire use 4 or 8 gauge (red) wire depending how strong your amp is it wold be easy if you just bought a wiring kit off ebay or frm a shop relitivley cheap and come with all the nessecariy wires. so connect the positve wire from your amp to the battery inlcluding a fuse near the battery somewhere.
5. for safety disconect the negitive end of the battery so ther is no way u can be shocked and connect a wire (black of the same size to the red) to the car you might have to sand away a bit of paint so you can connect is staight to metal of the car (the body) or if you can find a bolt that comes directly from the shell of the car near where your amp is then use that. once you are confident that the amp is grounded prperly and everything is safe connect the negitive end of the battery back up and turn the car on when the headunit goes on there should be a green light that goes on to signal your amp is switched on then the speakers should work
if anything is unclear go to this link read it and look at the picture
http://www.caraudiobook.com/car_audio_amp_installation/car_audio_amp_installatio n.htm

Username: Jayhunter

Post Number: 8
Remote wire hooked up?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us