JL Audio

Username: Denislavergne03

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 1
Hey guys this is my first post. I'm wondering what you guys think of the JL C5-650 for up front components. They will be going in 2000 Dakota quad cab. I have a pioneer DEH-880prs deack and possibly running the speakers of an old rockford punch 120 a2. I listen to everything but mostly country.

Thanks Denis

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 202
can you describe what type of sound you like? every speaker is different and has its own set of characteristics. without knowing your preferences, we don't know if the JL's will be a good fit.

Post Number: 4
Well i want some decent mid bass because i won't have subs in there for a while. I listen to acoustic music so i need a clean crisp sound. I don't care about volume...I want to enjoy the music not make myself def. Don't really listen to much rock and hip-hop. I don't want any ear piercing highs. Something that will give justice to the singer.

Install??
want kick panels but the e-break is int he way
possibly in stock location with tweets mounted somewhere???
i might fiberglass some pods for the door itself but not sure if i want to do that much customizing

thanks i hope that clears things up

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 203
the issue with the JL's is gonna be midbass. They're lacking in that area a little bit. They would fit your tastes as far as the tweeter goes. It's a pretty neutral tweeter....more on the laid back side.

Post Number: 5
K this might be a effed up question but would changing the settings on the EQ on my deck be able to help the speakers perform better in the Mid-bass area? I uderstand that it doesn't change the way its built that actual physical speaker has limitations to what it can do. would 60 RMS be enough for these or should i look at getting a new amp. Perhaps a Alpine PDX or a JL or possibly a pioneer premier? I would like to stay with the mainstream brands because i live in Canada and shipping across the border can be costly and risky.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19882
the jl just don't have that much mid bass. what is your budget?

Post Number: 6
I want to spend about 400 dollars shipped including duty to Canada. I can get those Jl's for about that price retail here. Is the midbass that bad??

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19945
its actually good if you can build a nice little sealed enclosure for the mid. but if you stick it on your door and its kind infinite baffle then the mid bass does lack.

a friend of mine built a fiberglass kickpod and its sealed up nicely. his mid bass sounds awesome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us