Sorry OT Speeding Ticket Advice

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2736
Long story short, i got bagged driving to NY to go skiing doing 89 in a 65 but the cop wrote the ticket for 90

i never ever drive that fast but we left late and needed to get there for the slopes to open and i was driving my moms car so i was flying on this empty azz freeway and didnt have my radar detector so....

I called the city hall and the lady told me it'd be best to write a letter to the presiding judge and see if he'd drop the speed on the ticket sooo i was JW what should i include in this letter to the judge. An apology? an explanation? obviously not admit guilt? or should i? haha i really have no idea, any help would be awesome

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7517
Pay it, if you're guilty. Pay even if you're not, you usually won't beat the "system" or it will end up costing you more.

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

Post Number: 363
that or take the cop to court... if he doesnt show charges are dropped. if he does, you pay the ticket. nothin more you can do.... a friend of mine has been pulled over and ticketed 11 or 12 times now and only charged with 1 ticket cuz the cops never show because its a waste of time.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 222
Do you have the option to show up in court for the ticket? Idk how it goes in other states but in Michigan I think you can show up and plead guilty with excuse or plead not guilty and see how things go. If you feel like making the drive to the courthouse you could go there a hope/pray that the cop that gave you the ticket doesnt show... In that case I believe you may have to pay the fine but you wont recieve any points on your liscence.

If you are really desperate not to get the ticket... get a lawyer. You'll have to pay him(obviously) but you are much more likely to get out of the ticket.

If you go to court... dress nicely and respect everyone!

Hope this helped a bit

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1856
I say just pay for it if they drop it you are still going to get charge.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5675
90 in a 65 isnt exactly goin 5 miles over...i say pay it..like rob said beating the system cost alot more,.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2737
well the city hall lady told me my best bet is to write the letter. no i can't go to court bc its in NY. normally, i'd just pay it, but the lady told me that if i write the letter, they'll lower it to like 80 for a good record (which i have) i just wanna know what you think i should put in the letter. i dont want it dropped bc i was for sure flying stupidly. i just want it down to like 80

Gold Member

Post Number: 7520
Why do you think you deserve special treatment? C'mon, you were going 24MPH over the limit, you deserve that ticket, now be a man and pay for it. I myself have a perfectly clean record but do I deserve it? Nope, I've sped and made illegal turns here and there but if and when I get my first speeding ticket I'll know I deserved it and I won't make a thread crying about it.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1734
Yea just pay the ticket man. Don't go through all the trouble of going to court and whatnot.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1735
Yea just pay the ticket man. Don't go through all the trouble of going to court and whatnot, its not worth it.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2738
never mind, the questions not being answered so /thread

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4314
You are out of state, it is an automatic conviction and it will cost you, bring cash! BTW writing a letter will do nothing, you really think they would read it. Plead guilty and take your limps like a man! lOl. Polo..

BTW- My last speading ticket was 90 in a 55, plead guilty got a $125 fine and supervision.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1859
Even if you get it lower its still going to be a speeding tix. What are you going to say you didnt notice you were doing 24 mph than the speed limit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
you could write the letter saying something along the lines of "I was wrong, I should not have been speeding. It was bad judgement on my part and there is no excuse for my action. I deserve the ticket, but could you look upon my clean record(assuming you have one) and show some mercy for my first offense. I have learned my lesson and believe that I should have to pay for what I did."

Then expect to pay the fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7533
Lol, good one Kevin haha. Make sure you include how you posted on an internet forum and said you were sorry and you had learned your lesson and you were sent to bed without supper.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
AHAHAH

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4315
BTW- Because it is out of state and a mandatory conviction your insurance company will get wind of it like NOW... If your gonna speed make sure it is within your own state so you can get supervision. Here in IL we get three supervisions in a year! Polo...

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2741
what's supervision

and how was 90 in a 55 just 125 bucks?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4316
I don't know but it is set by the judge! Tell you what, when you show up showing remorse by pleading guilty they show leaniancy (sp), but when you plead NOT guilty and make them waste time with a trial they get p!ssed, then they go by the book. Always remember, when you get pulled over it is always "yes sir, no sir", I have been driving for a long time and this has gotten me out of anything from speeding tickets to DUIs! You'll be alright, try to show up to the court date or just mail the fine in, no way around it... Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 2061
yeah when i got my first ticket

77 in 55mph

I had to pay 165 FIne 50$ for spedo calibration (to prove it was off) 40$ + 8 hours of my life gone + 80 the money i lost from not working= 335$

Sucked alot But i Bought an Amp right after my class P450.4 ha ha

It was the worst I had a clean record driving/criminal but he still made me pay the fine and the DMV made me take that clas cuz i was 18 wtf ghey

But i was hoping and praying the Officer wont gonna show to bad he did and quated exactly what i said WTF LOL

Best thing to do is NOT SPEED...... as much as I love it only do it where its safe Racetrack or your back roads where u live and no no police are

But ur not getting off

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8656
Do what the lady told you and write the letter...The words will come to you as you write it...you really dont have anything to lose

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 210
FYI it is a misconception that if the officer does not show up for court you are off the hook. If the officer does not show then they just use the evidence against you (the ticket) and go from there. In special cases maybe the cop needs to show but not for a standard ticket.

You are guilty, admit it and pay the fine.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4320
Here in IL officer only has to be present if you plead "not guilty", if he doesn't show they have can continue it 3 times before having to drop it. If you go in for a traffic ticket that was issued during an accident and if the defendant or his lawyer does not show, they will throw it out. I was in an accident 5 years ago the officer said I rearended the semi that actually ran over my front end of my car, go figure. When they found a witness that said we pulled my bumper out of the front set of tandems he quickly found it would have been impossible for me to have hit him from behind. He told me while I was in the hospital thay he may have made a mistake, to show up to the court date and he promised not to show, he said they will throw it out. I was like thanks.. B@stard... :-O Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us