O...m...f...g... idk what just happend...

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 753
i was driving my car and then out of no where my stereo just cut out and turned on then off... ok then my gauge cluster started flickering and all my gauges started changing and they all maxed out twice then my car just shut off, electrically, my engin was running buti couldn't go, i moved my gear into nutral, then couldn't get it out of nutral.

THERE WERE NO LOOSE WIRES IN THE BAY, only wires connected were the grownd on the - of the battery and to the cassis...

what happened to my car? did i fry my cpu? the fuse for my alt is blown, so idk WTF happend... can any of you guys help? how much will it cost for a new cpu on a car, how much is a new alt fuse???? i took out the + to the altand made sure all bolts were tight and good

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3462

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3463
maybe when you had that first incadent it f*cked up everything up inside. you have an alty shop close you? are you getting anything when you turn the key over?

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 38
is that car a lexus?

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 453
Shaine, Like I said 72 miles North and I can Help you!! Yes Mark it is a Lexus!

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 254
Leave the car alone next time let someone that knows what they are doing mess with it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7393
I couldn't help but to laugh. You said you knew what you were doing :-(

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 754
wow ok, never mind guys, i ask for help and i just get laughed at

Gold Member

Post Number: 7396
Haha again. Lighten up man, just because people laugh at you doesn't mean you have to get all EMO on us. It's just an internet forum relax.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4786
I'm going to have to laugh at the EMO comment :-).. please don't cut yourself now

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 597
LMAO kevin

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3696
Best bet is the Alt died. If you charge the battery with a charger, does it seem ok? Have the Alt checked, then Bat, Then Wiring from alt to Bat. and anything else you wired.
As far as being stuck in nutral, as long as the key is in the run position, it should move. Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6064
another F'ed up lexus on the forum.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 766
am i not right but you cant take the key out of a car unless its in park nutral wouldnt count

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 333
WheN I work on my car often times I turn my ignition to run but do not actually start the car, then I put my foot on the brake and that allows me to do what ever I wish with the gear shifter. I suppose that would work for you to get the car in park and take out the key. Problem is you're battery is probably dead now (probably not your biggest problem atm) as when the car is in "run" it is drawing juice from the batt for radio, clock... sh!t like that.

"Shaine, Like I said 72 miles North and I can Help you!! Yes Mark it is a Lexus!"

You wouldn't happen to be close to Indiana would ya? I need a HO Alt put in a 97 accord..

Gold Member

Post Number: 7425
I'm still laughing every time I see this thread, should I feel bad?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 796
sounds to me like you fried your ecu when you were doin the big three id have that looked at

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Alpine ida-x001/2 dd 2..., Woodlawn Por... USA

Post Number: 1944
gota love these chessy pron ads p0rn adds on the sides lol

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4299
"another F'ed up lexus on the forum."

You do mean overglorified Toyota, don't ya ? :-O Polo...

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1200
"another F'ed up lexus on the forum.

You do mean overglorified Toyota, don't ya ?"

lol its not the car that fu&ks up, its the ppl that owns them who fu&ks em up.....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6074
my friend is a real estate agent and drives a jag xkr 100 and another guy a know works at a jag dealer and they always joke calling lexus a poor mans luxury car.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1202
the 08 lexus models comin out look sick, and they sure aint cheap.....i like the new LS,GS, and IS F line comin out body style is nice...

Bronze Member
Username: Loudazzaltima

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 36
to get the car back in gear on the shifter bay there should be a small little circle that u can use a flat head on pop open. from there u can take out a lil stick that can get it back in gear

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6881
I sort of feel bad for this guy but at the same time I just can't stop laughing at how someone could connect the positive wire to the CHASSIS of the alternator....... ya know, the thing it's grounded through? Seriously do not have any knowledge of electronics / physics?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7462
No Limit Soldier told me to STFU and that he knew what he was doing :-( That's the only reason I keep on laughing.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 459
Just take all the stuff you have put on it or in it! Have a friend pull you out on the freeway! turn everything on AC, radio, wipers, cruise, anything that would look like the car did it to itself!! Call the dealer or the place you have your extended warranty with and tell them it died, right there on the freeway!!!! Let them tow it to the dealer and fix it! Then Take it to a shop and have your stereo put in! where they have insurance to cover whatever they Scr3w up!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 256
Dont tell him that they will probably wreck on the way to the freeway! And it says his profile no longer it exists lol you guys pissed him off.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7504
Haha that's great. What was he doing on this forum anyways? He "Knew what he was doing" lol...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us