New Box Stats?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 834
Alright, since my amp is out of commission as of the moment, ive decided this is the best time to start building a new box for my two 10" RE SE's. Only problem is, is that I have no idea how to calculate how long and wide the port should be! Ive gone to a few web pages with calcs, but they confuse me oh so much since I have no idea what some of the things are that it asks for!

I remeasured my trunk and found these to be the MAXIMUM length in inches I can use for making a new box:

L: 36"
W: 14"
H: 15"

Does anyone have a link to a calc for ports? Or can someone just tell me how long and wide it should be? I am looking for my port to be tuned to around 36-38Hz.

Or maybe it could be possible for other SE owners to let me know what kindof measurements they had with their boxes?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 753
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4425
if you have a trunk you might wanna measure the trunk opening because you are only going to be able to fit a box that big in there.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 837
Haha, funny you should say that Reece. When I first built the box I have now, I didn't measure the opening and found myself in a pickle! Although, I did somehow manage to get it in my trunk in time.

These new measurements are right on par with my trunk.

Measurements I have with my current box:

H: 15.5"
L: 32"
W: 23.5" <~~there's my problem!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4483
yeah i can imagine, haha. i have seen quite a few people make the same mistake.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 839
Ya, I had to pull out all the carpeting, unbolt the trunk lock, and remove the spare tire, lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us