Ot:: Why i have been away...

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 814
Sorry i been awayh guys i usually chime in on a decent amount of topics and burn up the head unit section. but i been building so i figured i might as well show you what even though it can go in the car not so much made for it. before i post this zack i know you want ot in ot topic but ppl who only lookk for me and a newbs to the forums don't know the off topic forum but if u want it moved and it bothers you that much let me know.

ok onto the good stuff, as i said i always been a gamer at hear so this time i went old school. i made a nes mod below, it's a gamecube within a nes that plays, snes, nes, gamecube and sega genisis. it also can use the original nes and snes contollers. lastly for fun i threw in a 7 inch screen i built.

video below let me know what you think !

direct link : http://www.youtube.com/v/t-1PFWLcEbs

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 488
thats pretty sick. how long did take for u to build? and how did you do all that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 815
prob like 4 - 5 days of real building maybe 2 weeks with final work. it was mainly a project i built to the best of my knowledge a year ago then the plexi got broken up parts got lost and i ended up feeling like where can this go. so i decided to rebuild everything i took the gamecubes original position and turned it outward cause it's orignal setup controlers plugged into the bottom and memory cards were self contained meaning the whole stup had to be unbolted then memory card changed then replace plexiglass it was just hell. so i re did everything and rebuilt it into essentially a whole new system.

for how it was done in a nut shell it went like this, i ditched the old cooling fan of gamecube used a spare ps2 cooling fan which like ps2 is built not so great so that's in there for now. then re wired the power and reset of gamecube to the nes and power rest buttons of nes then they got destroyed so i made up mounts took a push button switch from gamecubes original power and remounted it in plce of the nes button. i rewired the dvd motor's power feeds. re mounted the mini dvd game drive on the plexi, re wired the lid switch that detects gamecube's lid open or closed to a toggle switch. on the plexi, added a led light show from a old broken bubble pump type thing u get at spencers. it was my sisters it's one of those things plastic fish float in and bubbles move past to make the fish move. those lights were mounted in it's base so i pulled them. and re wired up to gamecubes power. laslty i took a 7 inch portable screen from a portable dvd player add on mounted it ina portable dvd player screen holder and took a usb plug wired it into gamecubes power supply. then wied the usb into the screens power supply so when i want to run the screen i simply plug it into the usb plug i wired into gamecube. then plug in rca's and ur ready to go, it's easy for me cause i grew up around circuit's alot the problem is it's a very tedious and delicate process along with time consuming. i have been thinking about making it a much much cleaner build and selling a few since i have 2 nes consoles ready to go and bebuilt into one of these. one downside is it prob run 350 a console due to all the work involved. plus thers parts needed to run the mods theat were done for nes snes and sga. one huge downside is you can't sell roms so even if i did everything for you you would have to get the roms and add them yourself i can't legally do that. but i'm getting ready to submit this to some gaming sites so who knows what will happen. right now i'm still pissed someone phtoshoped my original build pics and tried to pawn it as thier own and a crappy way i'll post it below but that's pretty much it. some pics below of the build. enjoy

The poser i'm angry about
Upload

My build pics

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 816
the nothin the fronts only due to a crack i had in my case. so i just cut it out for the controller wire. i kind of had no choice but it looks somewhat ok.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17098
you got some mad skills keith.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5140
thats pretty crazy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 817
i meant to say notch but i'm gettin sick so my spelling skills are goin or rather what's left of them lol. thanks guys it means alot coming from the guru's of the forums.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2796
Damn dude, nice work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
i forgot to add i also added a high intensity led in place of the original led light. and custom mad plexi covers with black backgrounds for the original controller ports and bottom, also a plexi name plate that's see through so you see the glowing light when the tape deck lids open. lastly i also made a gameboy advance player ad on that plays gameboy advance games carts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us