Great Stuff Expanding Foam

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2374
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-great-stuff-triple-expanding-foam--pi-1401723.html

is this what you guys are talking about to fill my trunk with a little bit once i dynamat?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5728
that is the stuff although i dont nkow who told you to do that after dynamat. personally i wouldnt put that in a car that you plan to ever sell with any value. you will not get that stuff off and do yourself a favor and wear gloves. you can use it in some spots where dynamat cant be placed but it will expand and push out panels so be very careful where you put it.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 709
Doesent seem like a bad idea for a trunk lid. Do you think it could ruin a trunk lid?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2375
well, i was told to sue the dynamat and then fill like the openings in my tailgate with a very little amoumt, then put more dynamat, then put the stock panels back on

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5736
i dont know how your trunk is but i would just dynamat it up, i dont think it will hold to great stuff and greatstuff looks like sh;t so i wouldnt put it over dynamat either, do what you want with it, im sure it will help the rattles and stuff i just dont think i would recommend it for that.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12727
u do NOT put gr8 stuff over\on dynamat

u can use it to fill some voids where u cant reach to put dynamat but be care like matt said about it pushing out body panels ...

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2386
it's a tailgate

ok thanks guys, i didn't know

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 717
Does that stuff really expand that much?

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Paramount, California USA

Post Number: 61
BQuiet has replaced BrownBread, which is the best sound damper ever made. BQuiet Extreme is about 5times more efficent than Dynomat, its pretty much lab proven and from past experience with it, I know for a fact its better. I would just utilize the BQuiet Extreme and not even worry about the great stuff.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2405
Nick S. please read

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Paramount, California USA

Post Number: 63
Yeah, it looks like it doesnt do too well in the sun or heat, but I have used dynomat extreme on cars before and brownbread and I swear I heard the difference. Oh well, who cares...

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5747
second skin or rammat FTW

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2623
"Does that stuff really expand that much?"

i think it really does... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2624
i know ive personally seen it do like volcano effects of certain parts of the car where it could escape...

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 89
try this, take a empty plastic coke bottle and shoot it full of great stuff foam and put the lid on it quick. about half the time the bottle will explode from the presure! if it don't tomorrow you will have a nerf coke bottle

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 541
i did the lid of my neon, now i have those gaps,obviously u only put it where there's gaps between metal and metal, fill the holes till alil bit comes out, let it dry and scrape it flush with a razor, then put the dynamat over all the areas u were gonna use, but word to the wise, it gets everywhere and will not come off, especially your hands and what not.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3881
http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/Master_Safe_Cracker/?start=60

That stuff is awesome! When you are happy with the final shape be sure to hit it with a brushing of resin then paint it black to keep from discoloring. I used a razor sharp filet knife to trim and if you notice I even filled the 6x9 holes.Use cardboard with a layer of 3m tape to keep from sticking. Don't worry about the former leakng to much as you just need a general shape. polo..

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3882
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12331
So much for the resale value of that car lol.

Also, nice pic of the murder weapon.

I like great stuff, but it's a permanent item ya know? Also, how do you keep the sh1t from clogging the tube when you don't use the whole can at one time?

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12738
man i actually bought a new can & the mofo wont spray when u press down on the nozzle ....i had to take a welding rod & puncture where it comes out & the fugging thing started flying out pronto ! ...made a big damn mess on the floor here but i managed to get about 1\4 of it int oa panel b4 it died ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12336
I'm felling ya bro.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1099
I have a bottle of that stuff in my room. But Ive never used it. It just looks too messy.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3884
You don't, one shot deal! As far as permanant it can be removed! If you notice I painted the the metal with the bedliner, this is a natural adhesion promoter and if need be it can be scraped up and to remove the greatstuff just use a torch. First you need to use a digrinder with a 3" wire brush attacement. This has actually increased the value on my vehicle, I have saved all the interior panels, it would all go back together nicely..:-O Polo..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12338
Sly doggy you are lol.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3886
Must be the old age=experience, you should know something about this... Polo..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12340
Fugger.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12743
it does discolor quickly it seems with natural light since i have alot of it on my workshop floor from only this past sunday & today its looking creamish compared to the almost white it was originally ...

according to the can it expands about 2-3 times ....does stick to sh1t easily too ....comes off ur skin if u use laquer thinner .....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12345
Yeah but what about your clothes lol???

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12747
^um thats why u wear old clothes when messing with this sh1t .....

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 984
Upload
sound deadener inside/out + 7 cans of greatstuff.

It helped out my mustang trunk tremendously. I'd go ahead and get a few cans. Make sure you tape off and cover area's you don't want to get messy, and wear gloves. That stuff is awful to get off.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1106
It looks messy. I bet it works good though. Im gunna think about doing that in the summer.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3887
^^^^ Ummm that looks nasty! Because I sealed off my trunk I no longer get any trunk flex, no pressure from the cabin leaches into the trunk... Polo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us