Head Unit with input other than CD's

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 82
I am looking to get a new head unit, I want to know if such a unit exists that doesn't use cd's as it's primary input. I want to know if head units are availabe that take a pc flash drive / thumb drive with USB as the hook up, or if they take some other kind of memory card.

I don't want to deal with scratched cd's, or the music skipping when I hit bumps or when the bass hits low and loud.

any suggestions would be great

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1000
There are a few brands. I have a friend with a Panasonic that has one.

I believe this is the one he has.
http://www.panasonic.co.za/ProductDetail.aspx?CatID=52&ProdID=749

Nifty little feature.

However if you have like an Ipod, there is much more out there. I would rather get a Pioneer and then by the IPBUS cord for like $10 bucks and hook an MP3 player up to it.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1001
On a side note, I just hit 1000 post. Yay me.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1002
A better head would probably be the new Pioneer deh-p690ub premier. it's got what you are looking for.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
thanks for the info, I'd like to go with pioneer, I've heard good things about the SQ pioneer pumps out.... now if only I could get u to quit bashing my for sale post so I can afford one of these damn head units... looks like I'm gonna have to spend more than $200 to get the functionality I want.....

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1003
Please don't try and sell that stuff to someone who doesn't know otherwise they will end up in the same boat as you. Buy now, pay later.

You can get that Pioneer on eBay for about $190 from reliable sellers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
I'm not out to rip anyone off, I am trying to sell, not asking for comments on the equipment.

BTW I see posts all the time about top dollar equipment that only lasts a year or 2 before breaking down, 4 years of solid pounding on this "junk" and it outlasts the big dogs?

post your comments in the proper threads.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
I don't mean to sound nasty, i appreciate your input and value your opinion, I just thought that post in my for sale thread was a hit below the belt.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1007
Well sorry it may have seemed like it but that wasn't my intention, but on a forum like this it's just not savory. Someone else will probably re-iterate the point I made.

Honestly, just save some money and exercise some patience. Good things come in due time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us