Trunk RATTLE!

Username: Illmatic_kj

Post Number: 2
hey.. I recently put 2 -12" Infinity subs in a ported box in my car. the subs are 300w RMS and 1200w max.
I had 2 questions, is my amp which is a sony explode max 800w and rms 200w enough to power these 2 subs?

And if i use either brown bread or dynamat, will this get rid of the annoying trunk rattle? And will it make the subs sound louder and clearer? its a 2 door honda civic coupe and it rattles like crazy

please help

thanks
KJ

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 17
try fatmat...same sound deadening quality but you can get 100 sq ft for about $130 shipped. here is the link www.fatmat.com Dynamat is way to expensive for a few sheets when you can get enough to cover the entire car for the same price.

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 22
also try venting your rear deck that will release the air from your trunk into the cabin of the car, the bass will also sound better

Username: Kenwa

I would say you could use a bigger amp, and a better brand, xplod is not the way to go man

Username: Caraudion00b

Does Dynamat-ing your trunk really stop rattling? I just got a Jetta and I am putting 2 10W6's in, and I am assuming I will need some dampening. I had Dynamat in the doors of my Cherokee, but that sh*t is so expensive...

Bronze Member
Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 19
5th time ive read this exact same thing, but all in different threads

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 165
Yes, Dynamat stops rattling. Like it was said above, fatmat and Scosche makes Accumat, both equally good and cheaper. It dampens resonance making rattles stop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us