12" ID MAX dual 4

Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about the 12" ID MAX dual 4 subwoofer, it looks good to me, how does it compare to the eclipse titanium 12" and the kicker comp vr? i just want a single 12 inch sub, also what amp would you pair with the ID max dual? would a JBL 1200.1 or a kx600.1 be better and for which sub?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 159
It's better than the Comp VR, and equal to the Eclipse, in my opinion. They have fantastic sound quality, the Eclipse Titanium and ID Max are my two favorites. I even like them better than JL Audio W7's, including the 13W7. I'd do a JBL 1200.1, and be very careful not to push the sub too hard. You could do that and try to turn either the gain or the subwoofer level down as to not put 1200+ watts to it.

Bronze Member
Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 18
the gain doesnt change the power output of the amp. and please dont compair the ID max to the Eclipse Titanium, the titanium is in a completely different ball park.

Anonymous

anyone know where i can get the best price for either of those subs...also the eclipse says it needs a 3.2 cu ft box...that seems fairly large to me where can i get one of those?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 168
No, it doesn't change the power output capability, it changes the input sensitivity, meaning if your gain is set to be sensitive to 8 volts, and your head unit only puts out 4 volts, then the amp won't reach it's full power, now will it?. Use your head for once. It is quite comparable, I'm not saying it's better, but it's definately on par.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 172
Not likely that you'll find a pre-made box for it, you'll probably have to have an audio shop build one or make your own. The ID Max is just as good as the Eclipse, it has fantastic sound quality and good SPL, Glasswolf will tell you the same. Stick acts as if it's a night and day difference, like Sony vs. JL, when really they're just as good, it just depends on what you think sounds better. Troll.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us