Pioneer DEH-P6500

Shitty Chevy
Unregistered guest
Did i make a mistake buying this HU. I've only got an 88 chev 1500 and i'm not trying to get anything special. I just bout two sets of 4"x 6"
alpine speakers. Is this fine or were there benifits to getting an Alpine system?

Bronze Member
Username: Dread07

Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 18
Pioneer is rather low liine products, You won't get the full production out of your alpine speakers with this hu. Personaly i would buy a new hu, because i love the alpine hu's my self but if money is tight you should be just fine.

That's right
Unregistered guest
Your head unit is a good unit. It's up there with the rest of equivalent Alpine or Kenwood units. Just don't expect to get a great system with 4x6's or without the right amplification. Doesn't matter what head unit you put in the system (reasonable quality of course and with RCA outputs). What really counts is the amplification and the quality of the speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 92
Pioneer's aren't all that bad. The higher end is pretty good, actually, and they make very reliable head units. Premier head units are very nice. Personally, I'd recommend 4x6 plates, like the ones from Infinity, over 4x6's themselves. I'd replace the speakers b/f the head unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us