Amp Problems

Bronze Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 23
Here is my problem. I am hookin up 2 rear 6.5 Coaxials with a Rockford Fosgate 60ix whcih puts out 2 30rms @ 4 ohms . its a 2 channel amp. on the underside it has the listings and a little help. it has a small picture of 3 amps. they show how to make the amp have low pass , high pass , or all. it doesnt show how to choose whcih ones. i hooked up the amp to the speakers and the speakers were very low volume. when i turned the gain up you could hear some bass but not very much treble at all and that is with the treble boost all the way up and the bass all the way down.

i think this could be caused either by the amp having been set to a low pass or by the amp being hooked up the sub-out from the headunit. not sure if either of those is the reason. please help if you have any clue. thanks alot

-duff

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 26
also if it is the pre-outs from the head unit does anyone know how to get to the back of the head unit in a 93 Nissan Maxima? Thanks

-Duff

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 58
set the amp to high pass. this passes all but the low bass freq's to your speakers. only set it to low pass for a sub. if it has a variable crossover, then set it anywhere between 80 and 120 Hz, and play with it from there.

also, if you're wondering how to get to the back of the head unit, how did you hook up the rca cables in the first place? maybe give some details about exactly how you have the amp hooked up (power, remote turn-on, etc.) just to make sure everything else is set up correctly.

oh, try www.installdr.com to see how to pull your car apart.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 27
well on this old rockford it doesnt show anywhere to set the crossovers in the first place. it just shows in on the underside a wierd diagram. there are no knobs or nuthing to set them. i didnt install the HU myself it was already in my car. i know i need to set the crossover but i just dont know how to with this amp. does anyone know about this amp and how to change it? any help to fix this would be awsome. thanks

-Duff

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 28
oh and i figured out how to get to the head unit havent tried to see if it was the inputs yet.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 29
bump

glass please help

Anonymous

All you got to do is find a web site that sales good Electronic crossovers not all amps have them built in so you will need to buy one. Check here.

www.acaraudio.com

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 30
if it is already being crossed over then that wouldnt help at all. I am only getting bass and almost no highs... im not having problem getting rid of the bass

Anonymous

well then buy some BASS BLOCKERS

Anonymous

John here is some bass blockers for $4.00.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bFJBgWVpYm4/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?s=0&cc=01&g=761&e st=&search=bass+blocker

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 31
again this isnt the problem. the problem is it is already blocking the highs. i dont no how to get rid of that.

Anonymous

if you use bass blockers it will take out the BASS and give you more highs.

Anonymous

if you use bass blockers it will take out the BASS and give you more highs.

Anonymous

and it is blocking the highs because of all the bass. bass blockers do not block highs they block bass. therefore giving you more HIGHS. This is the problem you got to much bass coming the speakers so it is able to make more highs. the bass is taking the power.

JJ
Unregistered guest
Pull your radio out and make sure your interconnect is not in the sub-out. If so this is more then likly your problem. The sub-out is made just for subs it puts out the lows.

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 60
jj's got it. the sub out is probably set to roll off the highs starting at about 80Hz. this has to be it. if the amp is set to high pass but you still get no highs, then it sounds likely the rca out must be a sub out.

i love the comment that says if you've got nothing but bass and no highs, then install bass blockers. that's the ticket...not.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3211
nothing but bass usually means the amplifier's crossover is set to low-pass for the components.
it should be set to HPF or "Full"
usually HPF given the choice

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 32
ok wolf thanks. i knew that guy wasnt talkin right. neway if you have any idea about how to set the 60ix amp to full or high pass then please tell me. on the back side it has a small diagram of something having to do with high/low/full but there are no knobs or anything to choose these. i will try the sub-out tomarrow at the back of the HU. if that doesnt work i will try to figure out how to get the amp into high or full. thanks guys

-Duff

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3221
I'd need to see the diagram.
it may be internal DIP switches

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 33
right there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39737&item=5701411056&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

it is selling kinda small..not sure if you can see ithttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39737&item=5701029572&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

also on that one

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3228
actually, I recall the amps now.
flip the amp over. on the bottom there's a rubber cap.
remove the cap, and you'll see how the diagram applies.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
amp problems solved $44.99
jayamaroirocz28@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 34
ok got it. its like a computer chip inside the box that was set to low pass. i changed it to high pass. works great. now the only problem is that i need to hook it up to the front speakers becaues i have to set the depth to F+4 to make it even. the rear speakers are way louder and also sound nicer. didnt know i was missing so much. i will switch that sometime this weekend im sure. then i need an amp for my subs and my system will be complete. cant wait thanks for all the help guys.

-Duff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us