New guy here.... Whats good for me?

Username: Hatchetman9449

Post Number: 2
Heres what im lookin for. I have a little 94 prizm im driving for the winter, and i wanna get some bass in it. I will add battaries, caps, anything, but i dont wanna change the alt if i dont have to cuz ill probly sell the car come summer and i wanna be able to take anything i put in it and put it in my other cars. I dont know much at all about subs. I know how to wire them up and thats about it. Moneys not that big of a deal for me, but just to be sure give me some suggestions in a lower range, and a higher range if you will. Right now i only have 8g wire ran in it but its an e.z. fix to upgrade it. The setup dont matter to me at all brand wise or weather its dual amp or not, i just want LOUD good quality subs. Something that will be heard blocks away when turned up, but quality when bass is turned down. Any suggestions on what setup i should go with? All replies appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2218
we really do need some type of price range. 500? 5,000?...

Post Number: 3
aight. lest say anywhere in the 800-1500 range. for now. The Box i can build also, forgot to mention that. And if i have to, i guess i can replace the alt, but let me know if theres a way around it. I was lookin at the boston gt-24 amp with g-5 subs. What you think? Or whats better, or as good but cheaper?

thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4688
Your limited to ~1000 watts if you keep the stock alt, so decide what you want to do.

Post Number: 4
New alt goin in then. What amp should i get the alt? My show car (eclipse) has a 220 amp alt in it but i dont think i need that much for my winter car. Im thinkin 140ish. What you think?

Bronze Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 33
i would says go with a 200 amp alt

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4692
200 amp will handle up to about ~2500-3000 watts give or take

Post Number: 5
ok 200 it is.... now any suggestions of what subs and amp to get?

Post Number: 6
got another idea here... I was lookin at subs, what about one JL w7 and a nice amp to power it... would that be a good combo for what im looking for? It would be nice to get a nice setup with just one sub.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1884
It would be very nice. However, you can do a lot better for the money. Do you want to run a single sub system?

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 543
jl would sound good and ger somewhat loud
audioque hdc312 will be really loud and punchy a little off on the low end tho
fi would have the bottom end but lack on punchy side
all would be 1000-1500w each

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 499
on the more expensive end

1 Audioque HDC315 $279.00
1 Sundown SAZ1500 $600.00
200 amp alt $350.00-450.00

Total $1229-1329

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 321
so my question is....you say you know nothing about subs at all but you can build boxes?

Post Number: 8
Well i an good at building boxes, that is when the dimentions are given. I have built them befor and loved how they turn out. Also im a diesel mechanic, so i could do a dual alt setup but id rather not do that work on my winter car.

i looked at the hdc312 and i like that. im putting it in a geo so i dont think a 15 would fit the greatest.. where can i buy this stuff matt?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5583
to let you know that sundown wont be $600. $450 tops from a dealer.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6333
www.audioque.com

Run their subs and amps. They're cheap and they're a brother/sister company to Digital Designs.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1328
A Geo Tracker??

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1010
everybody always wants to be heard from far away i dont get it.

Post Number: 9
Geo prizm.

Post Number: 10
what impedance do i want? D1 or D2. i dont know what that is... Also, will that amp on that site just run 1 of their subs. cuz im thinkin about getting 2. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
another quick off topic question... My buddy has two 15" mtx 8500's or something like that. Im pretty sure thats the right name. And there pretty nice. Are the HDC312's louder/better than the MTX8500's?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4738
Haha Definetly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
sweat... man, ive been watchin them stupid videos of the "hair trick" on youtube and stuff and rideing in my buddies car with the MTX's in it. Im just acheing to get some subs... I have some PATHETIC subs in my car that sound worste than my moms stock system in her 05 grand prix.... there so bad im embaressed to say what they are... lol... Legacy amp and pyramid 12's... thats not all though, there in a closed box, thats way off the specs for the subs... yea, its that sad :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Hey, What impedance do i want to get? D1 or D2? I dont know what that is. and the amp on there, does that run one HDC312? Cuz im thinkin of getting 2 and i need to know if i need 2 amps too.

thanks guys, you guys help out alot with car audio here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
What does the D1 and D2 stand for? What one should i get? How many amps do i need from there to power two HDC312's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
anyone, anyone at all? Also, is this alternator any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200-amp-Iraggi-Alternator-93-94-95-Geo-Toyota_W0Q QcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33573QQihZ018QQitemZ7957000242

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4754
D1 and D2 are dual 1 ohm and dual 2 ohm coils. The amp you choose will determine what coils you need.

Iraggi alternators are questionable, so are excessive amperage. Many people on this forum have had problems with both of those companies.

I haven't seen any problems with any of the other alternator companies.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Can you give me a link to a site to buy an Alt for a Geo Prizm 94, or a corolla 94(same thing)? If i go with the amp from Audioque.com like i was told above, would i need 2 of them if i got two HDC312's?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1353
DB Starters, I believe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I dont see any there for a Geo prism or toyota corolla. anywhere else?

also, if i made a replica of this box would it be good demention wise? for good quality sound.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
WHAT!?!?!?!?! it says on audioque.com that if i buy from them i wont get it till the end of Jan? I want subs like next week.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
forgot the link from 2 posts ago...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGLE-12-SLOT-PORTED-VENTED-SUB-BOX-3-4-MDF-NEW_W0QQitemZ30 0184221052QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50568QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Is that a good box? ^ and what about that audioque.com, does it take like a month to get those subs?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5584
didn't even click the link and i'll tell you the box is garbage (or close). pick the subs you want and then have a box made for them to their specs. never buy prefab. sealed prefabs are o.k. if they're the size you want and are actually made nice, but never prefab ported. ever.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
aight, how long will it take to get subs from audioque.com???? the site said i wouldnt get them till the end of jan?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us