NEED HELP!!!!

Username: Kamikaze1

Post Number: 2
ok i have a few options...should i get 2 alpine type r's 2ohms or 4? what amp, sealed or ported box. need your best knowledge please!

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

BUILT NOT BOUGHT, North carolina

Post Number: 615
before we can answer your questions you are going to have to answer ours.
ok here we go
1) whats your budget?
2) what kind of sound are you lookin for? sound quality or just loud
3) how much room do you have? aka what car.
4) do you have any electrical upgrades? not necessary for this but would help.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2149
if you get (2) dual 2ohm subs you need an amp that does between 800-1200rms @2ohm.

if you get (2) dual 4ohm subs you need an amp that does between 800-1200rms @1ohm.

i would make a ported box.

personally i would get (2) dual 4ohm subs and an elemental designs NINe.1 amp. wire it to 1ohm and each sub will get a solid 650watts.

most people will tell you to get better subs for the money...which is true but thats a good option if you decide to get the Rs.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 258
Jake ftw...

what car is this going into. If it is a smallish car, you should stay under 1000wrms for the amp to avoid electrical problems

refurbished kicker zx750.1 puts out 900wmrs for $175 or so. that would be at 2 ohms.

Post Number: 3
hey, so if i go with 2 (2 ohms.) do i need 2 amps? what if i go with the 4 ohms...

Post Number: 4
i dont have a car yet, but im getting one i just dont know what kind, thats why i want to get everything before hand. its going to be an average size car, probably a 4 door

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 259
how do you not know the car you are getting?

Post Number: 8
because im getting one i just dont know.. i just want help but any way....I have been looking into getting two Alpine Type-R 12" Subs

I like a nice loud bass. I want something that will be loud but not so much as too it completely drowns out the actual music.

Should I get (2) 2ohms or (2) 4 ohms . Also I am not so sure as to which amp to get, I was looking at the alpine stuff but I am not so good when it comes to this stuff

Also for alpine type r's what would be better sealed or ported box? Thank you for your help

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 37
i always prefered ported, and dont get a prefab box have it custom made. preferably by phil @ www.woodlawncabinetry.com

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 80
always get a custom box. prefab = waste of money.
it might be better to ask these questions once u have an actual car to put them in... just a thought
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us