Best Powerfullest RMS sub for daily use w/o crazy amp?

Username: Baalpeteor

Post Number: 1
In a nutshell, i want to know from u car audio gurus, what's the BEST daily use sub (preferably not over 2500 watts) i can get? I would like more like 4k watts, but i notice how high amps cost when you get way high and i dont have over a grand to spend on an amp if im spending like 400-500 on a sub you know? Also what is a good amp around 2k watts to go with that sub?

i don't want a sub below 1.5k watts rms. I listen to alot of rap/hiphop and screwed n chopped music (i am a dj and I screw up my own stuff)

Post Number: 2
forgot to add i been looking at the UDIOBAHN AWIS15P 15", which is

New Immortal Series 15" Subs

2250 Watt RMS Power Handling

4500 Watt Max Power Handling

they are just like 212 off ebay

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 473
well with 1500wrms you're gonna need a better alt,new batt(probably), big 3 upgrade at least......

its more expensive than you think to run 1500wrms or more

if you didn't already know this

Post Number: 3
well there goes my spirits :-/
i got like basically 1.5 k to mess with. I'd give 1 grand to speakers.. sub amp and some 6.9's and 3.5's all together (altho the 3.5's is chump change).

well what do you suggest? im sure 1k watts is still good... everyone else got wal-mart speakers.. when I start working i can go get that new bat and alt

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 693
if this is your first system i would say 1000rms is more than enough....

what up phil, get on aim or yahoo man...

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1405
What kind of vehicle do you have? It is possible to run 1500-2000 rms but you DO need a battery and upgrade big 3 for sure. Also, how loud are you wanting to be? Like, what is the lodest setup you have heard, and ar you wanting louder or the same? Please name products.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7010
i have two re audio sx with mt coils that will murder the best audiobahn sub they make email me for pics and detaiks extrmndor3@msn.com and is just right on your budget and just get a kicker kx2500.1 and power them :-)

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1406
Well, my message took forever to go through. So now I know everyone has wally-world subs, 1000 rms on 2 12's would be perfect. But I would still like to know your vehicle.

Kevin

Post Number: 4
well im new to this i work audio and know what good audio sound like (audio technician) and ima dj but never any experience iwth car audio until recently when i had to put my own deck in and other speakers.

the loudest i hear is my boy who got 2 12's. they like 200 or 300 watts i think (ima ask to make sure). the loudest i hear are the random dudes in the old old cadillacs that when they come by you hear it in your house and all down the street. I wanna make it so u cant hear nothing from em when i put mine on.

its a 94 pontiac sunbird. i got it august this year. the previous owner changed the alternator/radiator and other stuff. It has 6.9's in the trunk and removed broken stock 3.5's in dash. put tweeters right now (walmart) i just wanna be able to blast anything out from walmart and those "people" i say that go by. its not loud to where its making my window shake its just loud that u hear like the thud the low end in your house you know

oh and as for big 3 i dunno how much that is (or what it is), and getting a new battery and all that sounds a bit pricey like i said i have about.. 1000 to spend lets say give or take 100 or 200 more

Post Number: 5
thx kevin i sent you an email

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Memphis MC-2500D, 2 15 RD Audi... US of A

Post Number: 1985
hey man ive got a brand new rd audio elite 15inch sub. its` 1000wrms. ill sell it to you for 210 shipped to your door.

Post Number: 6
that sounds like a good deal but kevin hooked me up with a whole system already that ima get ina few weeks. i'd get that 2 but then i'd still need a new battery and all :-/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us