6 12" EHQS V. 1 TREO TSX hmmmmmmmm

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1639
Had a Tsx a wille back did 139d dbs playin music
win isd said 121 dbs thats a 19 db increase when it got in my car car....

will i get an increase likt that in my new car
Tha caprice wagon?????

im gonna run 6 12 ehqs in a 12 cube box...

one thing i noticed its not going to get deep like hoped for..... that tsx did tha job and got low good real good

will tha ehqs get louder than the treo win isd says 131 dbs.... plus 19 equals 150 : 0 wowzers i doubt i be that loud but well see

anyone have an opinon if tha 20 bd increase is true

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2631
well its a lot more surface area thats for sure. lol 150s is possible. how much power?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1640
t1000bd no electrical upgraes proll 1200 rms or so

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1642
If you can hit 150db on $150 worth of subs and one amp, all the power to you...with that said, I kinda doubt it. Good luck tho!

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2632
vented or sealed? vented i say it can be done.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6943
yeah it can be done easy with all that cone area

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12339
i guess mid ti upper 140s but 150 is pretty hard to do ...remember how hard it was for chad even though he had some good stuff .....

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 362
What box and vehicle was the single treo tsx in. It was a 12? Dual 2 or 4 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 363
I have 2 treo tsx's 12.44 in a 3.5cu^ft box tuned to 32 Hz. Haven't metered it yet but its loud. (900 watts rms)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6437
do 150 killer and let me hear it.....mite be the only time ill ever hear 150 lol

and hurry up on the damn install dude lol jk

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6710
honestly I doubt youll see 150 db with the six 12's on 1200 watts but six 12's will or should be louder than 139 db my buddies hits 140.6 db at idle in his suv with 800 rms with four lanzar vibrant 12's in small ported boxes so id say at least 143 to 144 db for you with six 12's at idle and maybe 145 db at 2000 rmp if your running at least a 105 amp alternator

Gold Member

Post Number: 6711
id bet on you hitting at least 144 db tho at 2000rpm

Gold Member

Post Number: 6945
at burps he can do 150 if he wants to do it but it would not be much of a daily driver but still can handle some music

Gold Member

Post Number: 6715
I think the only way those 6 12's will see 150 db is in just the right placements imho

Gold Member

Post Number: 6946
i seen 4 12 sony xplod hitting i think 154 at the tl at burps and still managed to play alil bit of musik 1 week later they died but still managed to break the 150s in a spl set up

Gold Member

Post Number: 6717
well im also sayin on 1200 rms too.....not that I dont think the 12's hes lookin at cant do 150 db....im just going with what I think will be a "typical" install....from what ive seen alot of times you get alot of cancellation with four or more subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 6947
ohh he only have 1200 rms available???

then he needs alil more power and he might get close to it

Gold Member

Post Number: 6718
hey your running four 12's right? what do you hit? I know it sounds crazy loud in the video if that was yours with the four phoenix gold 12's

Gold Member

Post Number: 6948
6 man... i dont even want to meter it... i smy sq/daily driving system i dont even want to put it in the lanes man.. i bought 2 re audio sx with mt coils that i might use as a spl set up with 2 kx2500.1 but i might sell the sx's since i think im not gonna have time to compete so i dont know

Gold Member

Post Number: 6720
oh yeah thats right it was 6.....that was you....sweet man

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3632
for daily i would hope 6 12's are louder than 1 sub, for doing 150 highly unlikely maybe if there in a spl box and you do A LOT of testing but a daily box doing 150 not gonna happen, daily i would guess low 140's, but theres so many variables no one can tell you for sure.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 829
Somebody had a single EHQS 12 hitting 133, I think. It was in a CRX.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1641
wow alot of responses LOL

well the tsx was a 15" 5 cubes 33 hz..... some say it was too big but it sounded great in my big big car.... (the wagons way bigger but its a wagon)

yah i wonderin if it will get that loud or not... 1 guy i know had 4 12" el cheapo spks.... with a port the size of my raa-1000 mb qaurt amp in a van with a powerbass 3000 hit 152 it wa crzy how that thing was LOL.... these are ac numbers though... when the same cats had run tha meca comp with TL they did pretty much the same numbers....

but anyway i dunno what its gonna do just hope i can atleast get the 145 mark or so on music that would be my goal.... LOL

oh an also win isd says the loudest freq it will make is around 60-70hz wich is pretty high n my opinion.... the tsx got loudest at 32 hz loved the feeling.... but who knows it gonna be just as loud a lower hz.... but the subs cant acoustically go as low as the tsx

it claim that at 38hz it will be below the -3db threshold.... n the woofers performance will suffer

wuts anyone else think

remeber

1992 caprice wagon
T1000 bd (no ho alt)
6 12" ehqs
12 cubes 35 hz 180 sq port (btw is 180" port to small or too big... i did 15 per cube??)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1642
o an yanks wut happend to you commin to action audio..... to bad the banana wont be ther or anywhere sigh

Gold Member

Post Number: 6951
dude 12 cubes is alot for 6 12s man specially those subs that have low displacement..

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 833
That's 2 cubic feet per sub man. Sound's about right to me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6952
they recomend 2.0 cf on ed but personally that is too much you will suffer on the numbers.... i have 6 12s and im not even using 10cb that is just way too much for those kind of subs

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2641
i say after displ. youll be ok

Gold Member

Post Number: 1644
wut about the port 15sq inches per cube???? or so

180 sq port.....

and also sub placement subs up port up??? or subs back port up.... i wann to keep the box short so i can see out the back 26" tall max

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6440
i dunno dude....i wanna get metered before i buy new stuff just for comparison i guess....lets try and work out a day that works for us and meet up there....that cool? when do you think your install will be done?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1645
hmmmm not sure still gotta put brake on it register the car get inspected ohh n almost forgo finish paying for tha car LOL 500 mo beans to go

Gold Member

Post Number: 6722
well I know they recommend 14 square inches of port per cubic feet so you are about on there...how much less is the program saying youll hit in the 50 hz range compared to 60's and 70's and what port tuning are you going with

Gold Member

Post Number: 1646
i dont even remeber what it said about the lower range..... but its not as high as the 60-70 range im at work right now so i cant check..... but i thinkit was about 10dbs less then that range (60-70hz)...... and it claims it gonna be a sharp drop below 40 or so hz oh an im alos going wit 35 hz on the port

Gold Member

Post Number: 6729
if im not mistaken winisd was made for home use wasnt it....if so the results should be different but im bettin on you hittin best in the 50 hz range

Gold Member

Post Number: 1649
man wtf since that fruit bag messedth fourm up o u can post pics now.... how are u sposed to post pics help me out

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6470
click on upload images, then upload them on to here

Gold Member

Post Number: 1650
u can only upload 100k thats it it was saved as a bitmap too aint that thae smallest file type to make for pics anyway ???/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us