Where can I find a box with these specs?

Username: Blackdouglas76

Post Number: 8
I have two choices:

Have someone build me a box due to my lack of experience and tools or get two seperate prefab boxes to go on each side of the cup holder in the extended cab portion. This is not my truck, but it looks like mine.

Does anyone know where I can get a box that will hold 2 10" subs that is only about 20-22 inches in length, 12-14 inches in width and 12-16 inches heigth? I want to put a box with these specs on each side of the cupholder/tirejack.

Otherwise, I will have to pay big bucks for a box that will hold four subs and go around a cupholder/tirejack like the one in this photo.

http://www.coloradofans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49609

Thanks,
Jim

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 335
What do you consider " BIG BUCKS " for an enclosure that will fit the area of you colorado???

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5179
Anything over 600 bucks is big bucks for an enclosure in my opinion.A box like the one you're looking for shouldn't be anywhere near that price though.

Post Number: 10
Wow, no not that much. It is going to be 300.00 or less, but what he is talking about will look sharpe and professional. I am not trying to buy the best equipment or top of the line, I just wanted improved sound for my own listning enjoyment. Competing with what I have ain't gonna happen. By the same token, however, I didn't want my stuff coming from Wal-Mart or looking like it either. On a scale of 10, my stuff would probably be a 3 compared to other people here. Heck, maybe not even that. It least its not RoadMaster...LOL.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5183
If it's going to be 300 or less than do it.That's not too much money although I don't know how much change you keep in your pockets...

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
Jim,

Well, I can say that for what I would charge, it wouldn't come close to $ 300.00 and that's with shipping.

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
The only real issue to the whole design is the cup holder since it would displace a given amount of volume from the overall design of the enclosure.

Also, the other issue is the design itself being that 4 10's are to be used, getting them all to fit on the same baffle.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Woodlawn C,

I am thinking more and more about tossing this idea. I have already made a couple of goofs in my planning since deciding on doing this. I was going to try and fit two subs on each side of the cupholder. That only leaves me about 22" max on each side, however. I was going to mount an amplifier on top of each side of the box and have the box covered with black carpet. I guess that I could always go higher, but I wouldn't want my back window blocked by a lot of speaker box. Anymore thoughts? Do you have an ebay store or website that I could look at?

JIM

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
Jim,

Well, before you consider tossin out any of the idea's ya have, there would be no harm in getting your idea's down on paper or should I say at the least putting together a design draft of the enclosure as to the space you have to work with and trying to include any other elements you want in the design.

For starters, your bascially working with the following for each side 22" width x 16" height x 14" depth.

Now, what I don't know is the center area because given that area were losing space. What would be the dimensions of the center cup holder as the width x height x depth given what you are using for dimensions of the to side areas?

So, if I knew what the complete dimensions were of the area in total, I can do a 3D sketch draft of it that you could see to work from and what may or may not be limitations to the design.

Also, what type of enclosure were you considering - sealed or ported for the subwoofers because the type of enclosure in terms of volume requirements will decide if it can or cannot be done.

Website - www.woodlawncabinetry.com

All I do is custom enclosure design and fabrication ----- nothing pre-fabricated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Phil,

Here is the low down on the measurements. I actually don't use the cupholder/tirejack cover, so I can take it off being that a box could cover it anyway.

With cup holder:
20 1/2" in length on each side of cupholder
26" in height which comes to top of cloth pad, just under back glass.
13" from backwall to the edge of ledge where toolboxes were. After 13" the floorboard starts. There are two useless hooks on each side of each back seat. They eat up about another 1". So the depth may wind up being 12" unless part of the back could be sunk in 1" to go over them.

Without cupholder/tirejack cover:
21 3/8" w/o cup on driver side
22 1/8" w/o cup on passenger side

Cupholder/tirejack measurements:
13 3/4" H
7 1/2" W
9 1/2" L

Cupholder/tirejack measurements without the cover:
12" H
5 1/2" W
8 1/2" L

Some of the figures here are slightly exaggerated, but I would want to double check them before I had someone do the work. I thought about putting two of the subs on the ends of the box, but this might eat up more space.

I will be using kicker comps, so you tell me whether or not the box should be ported. I wouldn't think that it should be, but you would know for sure.

JIM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us